Photograph of a portrait of Dr. Robert Kerr
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Reproductive prints
- Photograph of a watercolour portrait of Dr. Robert Kerr, Worshipful Master of Dalhousie Lodge, No. 2, a predecessor lodge of Niagara Lodge, No. 2. Robert Kerr was the Provincial Deputy Grand Master from 1797 to 1802. He was active in forming the schismatic Provincial Grand Lodge at Niagara and he served as Grand Master of the irregular Grand Lodge from 1807 to 1820, and again in 1822.
Photograph of a painting in the J. Ross Robertson Collection, Metropolitan Toronto Reference Library.
- The portrait shows Dr Kerr seated in a chair at a table, wearing a gold-fringed Masonic apron. It means that he was a grand lodge officer, but he was not yet Deputy Grand Master (he became in 1797). The painting is attributed to the artist William von Moll Berczy (1748 - 1813) and was probably painted in 1794 in Newark (Niagara-on-the Lake).
- Date Of Event:
- Personal Name(s):
- Kerr, Robert (1755-1824) ; Robertson, J. Ross (John Ross), 1841-1918
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- Colin K. Duquemin Masonic Museum
Niagara Lodge #2 A.F. & A.M., G.R.C.
153 King Street, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
The Museum was named after Bro. Colin Duquemin for his work in preserving masonic past.
It is home to many artifacts from Niagara district, including regalia, books, certificates,
and masonic documents.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0