Presentation shield with the crest of the King's Regiment (U.K.)
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Small wooden presentation shield carrying the crest of the King's Regiment (U.K.).
The Regiment, in England's north-west, amalgamates with the Queen's Lancashire Regiment and the King's Own Border Regiment to rebadge as the King's, Lancashire and Border Regiment in June 2006. The present King's Regiment descends from the King's or 8 Regiment of Foot whose travelling warrant from the Grand Lodge of England acted as an encouragement for refugee Freemasons at Fort Niagara in 1780 to form the Lodge of Friendship from which Niagara Lodge, No. 2, descends.
- The King's Regiment, officially abbreviated as KINGS, was an infantry regiment of the British Army, part of the King's Division. It was formed on 1 September 1958 by the amalgamation of The King's Regiment (Liverpool) which had been raised in 1685 and The Manchester Regiment which traced its history to 1758.
- Date of Publication:
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Location of Original:
- Colin K. Duquemin Masonic Museum
Niagara Lodge #2 A.F. & A.M., G.R.C.
153 King Street, Niagara on the Lake, Ontario
The Museum was named after Bro. Colin Duquemin for his work in preserving masonic past.
It is home to many artifacts from Niagara district, including regalia, books, certificates,
and masonic documents.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0