10 Dec 1957, Black and white photograph of Niagara Township Winners after election on December 9, 1957.
From left to right are Trustees Robert Kirkby and Ernest Selway, Deputy Reeve Fred Goring; Reeve Harry Dawson(Seated), Councillors George Carr, Jean Huggins (Mrs. A. E.) and J. Henry Freel.
27 Oct 1959,
...; and every Postmaster shall post up one copy in his Post Office; R.S.O., 1950
, Chapter 414, Stefan 11, Amended 1951, Chapter 93, Section 11.
THIS LIST WAS POSTED UP IN THE CLERK'S OFFICE
on the 27th day of October, 1959.
Appeals must be made within fourteen days after posting date.
21 Oct 1952, Abstract of Title regarding Lot No. 141 in the Village of Queenston.
Document: 3 pages; size:50.5cm x 28.5cm The Queenston Baptist Church is located on this lot.
Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989), Queenston School Addition formal opening to be held tonight., "Queenston School Addition formal opening to be held tonight.," Niagara Falls Evening Review (Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada), 16 Mar 1953 A article about a new addition opening at Laura Secord Memorial School at Queenston written by Mrs. A. E. Huggins, a former teacher at this school.
Also, a programme of official opening ceremonies.
Newspaper photos description:
"The picture at the top above the two-room addition to Laura Secord...
Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989), Open Two-Room Addition To Laura Secord School In Queenston Village, "Open Two-Room Addition To Laura Secord School In Queenston Village," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 16 Mar 1953 Article about adding a new wing with two rooms to Laura Secord Memorial School in Queenston.
Photo of a new addition and old school building (behind). Laura Secord Memorial School in Queenston was funded in part by Queenston Women's Institute and Buffalo businessman John D. Larkin. It was opened...
15 Oct 1954,
...REPORT OF THE RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE was presented by Dorothy Benson, of Toronto, Chairman:
WHEREAS, ire have in the Minutes of the 5th Annual Conference held at Niagara Falls, Ontario, October 20-22, 1950
, a resolution which sets the individual Club contribution to District funds at $1.00 per...
16 Oct 1953, Report of the Eight Annual Conference of the Eighteenth District, Quota Club International, Inc., which was held in the Chateau Laurier Hotel, Ottawa on October 16, 17 and 18, 1953.
The document consists of 9 pages (size: 21.5cm x 35.5cm) including financial statement from Secretary-Treasurer,...
...Small pamphlet about the Quota Club International, Inc. , printed on greyish paper with the club's logo (on front page) and lettering in dark blue. Revised July 1950
, reprinted in U.S.A.
Folded. Unfolded size:15cm x 9.1 cm
24 Jan 1952, Program of Installation of Officers for Quota Clubs in Niagara Falls, Ontario and Niagara Falls, New York. Pamphlet printed on greyish paper with the club's logo (on front page) and lettering in dark blue and folded.
Unfolded size:10.2cm x 15.2cm
Also a stationary sheet of Quota Club, Niagara...
McKenzie, Corky, Local constables visiting Laura Secord Memorial School in Queenston., "Local constables visiting Laura Secord Memorial School in Queenston.," Niagara Falls Evening Review (Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada) Newspaper photos of OPP constables educating students of Laura Secord Memorial School on film equipment.
" Constable Explains Film
Carl Sulliman and Arie Botbyl listen intently as Constable Fred Blucher of the St. Catharines Provincial Police explains the film that has just been shown to the...
30 Oct 1951,
...-chairman was named to the Executive, and in 1939, the term of office for chairman was set at 3 years, but this was changed to 2 years in 1950
. Ten years later, the term of office of convenors of standing committees was limited to 3 years. In 1941, it was decided that hotel bills and transportation expenses...
Phelps, Frances, Fishermen named Niagara public house 'Whale Inn', "Fishermen named Niagara public house 'Whale Inn'," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 22 May 1957 Article with a photograph of ""Whale Inn" occupied by Elliott family 100 years" The property is located at 66 King Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
"Former Queenston Principal Honored," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 22 Jun 1953 Articles about Hazel A. Corman, retiring principal of Laura Secord Memorial School in Queenston, published in the St. Catharines Standard and Niagara Falls Evening Review.
"Many Honor Retiring Principal at Queenston"
"Party For Queenston Educator"
"Laura Secord Old Boys, Girls To Honor Retiring...
1954, Black and white photographs of Queenston Docks, showing flooded buildings and mounting ice on the Niagara River.
Could it be the ice jam in 1955? "Queenston dock 1954"
Black and white photo of American Falls, Goat Island and Prospect Point as seen from Canadian side. A skyline of Niagara Falls, NY visible in the background. There is a handwritten note indicating winter 1962-3 which is probably wrong. In 1954 a large rock fall occurred at the observation platform...
1 Jun 1957, Black and white photograph of (left to right): Ex-Reeve and Ex-Warden William J. Hunter, Ex-Reeve and Ex-Warden Robert G. Dawson, cutting the tape and Ex-Reeve Wilfred Stewart taken at the formal opening of the Niagara Township Municipal Building on May 31, 1957. Reverse:"
Article in Niagara...
1954, Black and white photograph of Queenston, with dock in foreground and Brock's Monument on Queenston Heights in background.
The stickers mark five points on the photo:
1. South Landing Inn
2. The Ivy Block
3. St. Saviour's Anglican Church
4. Queenston Heights Restaurant
5. Queenston sand dock...
"Wm Lyon MacKenzie Bldg
Taken in 1950
Bannerman, James, An Excursion into Canada With Charles Dickens, "An Excursion into Canada With Charles Dickens," Maclean's Magazine, 5 Dec 1953, p. 28,29,41,42,44,45,46 An article about a visit of Charles Dickens in North America, published in Maclean's Magazine, December 15, 1953. In 1842 the novelist visited Niagara Falls and Queenston, among other places in Canada.
p.8; ill.; size: 26.5cm x 35cm
1951, Full title: A Short History of the Niagara Portage.
Booklet: 21 p. : ill., size: 14cm x 21.5cm
Foreword by Thomas R. Mathias, President of the Lewiston-Queenston Rotary Club.