We found 13 matching items.
Subject: Lincoln County
25 Sep 1822, Handwritten indenture for leasing lots in Township of Stamford, between Thomas McMicking, Peter Thompson and James Cooper (Trustees of the Presbyterian Church in Stamford) and Rheddy Cusack.
Document: 2 pages; size: 25.5cm x 39.5cm
1 Apr 1833, Indenture between Matthew Otchy and Gilbert McMicking signed on April 1, 1833 and confirmed by two witnesses (Richard Dixie and Stephen Butler Jr. This 1833 deed transfers ownership of Lot No. 12 and 33 in Township of Stamford to Gilbert McMicking. The previous owners of this land were: Rheddy...
Handwritten diaries by Ransom Goring, a grandson of Francis Goring (1755-1842). Ransom chronicles his everyday life as a farmer: tasks, trades, weather (being important topic) but also school meetings, political events, social gatherings, births, marriages and deaths in the closest area: St....
Portrait of James Longhurst (1846-1903), the first son of Elizabeth Catherine Teeter. Elegantly dressed young man, probably in his twenties, is sitting in the chair.
This is an early tintype, very dark and heavy (actually it is ferrotype). This size (2-3/8 x 3-1/2 inches) was probably the most...
Portrait of young Helen Emily Wallace with another, unidentified woman. Both women, in elegant Victorian era dresses and feather hats, are standing behind a small table with books. Undated, probably taken between 1865 and 1870.
This is an early tintype, very dark and heavy (actually it is...
Booklet about history and geography of Lincoln County. 30 p., folded map ; size: 12.5cm x 19 cm
Geo. A. Carefoot, B.A., B.Paed was a Public School Inspector for Lincoln County between 1917-41.
Road Map of the County of Lincoln 1928.
March 29, 1853, Handwritten notes by William McMicking about agriculture in Counties of Lincoln and Welland.
Headline: "Agricultural and Statistical Report of the county of Welland for the year 1852"
20 pages; size: 25cm x 34.5cm
Parts of this work were later published as "Agricultural Report for the County of...
, p. 4, p. 4 Essay written by Wayne Lockey, a student at the Mountview School. This composition was chosen the winner in a contest among school children of Lincoln County for the best essay in connection with the County Centennial Celebration.
Fragment of poem "Indian Names" by Lydia Huntley Sigourney...
Article about Cooper family, one of the early settlers in Niagara region. Subtitle:
"Grants, Deeds Discovered by Niagara-on-the-Lake Resident Recall Vividly Early History of Section of Frontier"
Unknown date and publication.
Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989), Goring family has played important role in Niagara Township for over 100 years
, "Goring family has played important role in Niagara Township for over 100 years
," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), Sep 1956 Article "Goring family has played important role in Niagara Township for over 100 years" about one of the prominent families in Niagara region published in the local newspaper.
Meyers, Jim, Freel and Goring properties marked as two of seven bicentennial farms
, "Freel and Goring properties marked as two of seven bicentennial farms
," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 1984 Article about two of the oldest farms in Niagara area, marked as two of seven bicentennial farms celebrated during Ontario's Bicentennial in 1984; with newspaper photograph: "NEW BICENTENNIAL FLAG PRESENTED TO NIAGARA FARMERS Margaret Birch, right, gives souvenir to Eileen and Henry Freel during...
A folder containing histories of a few prominent families from Queenston, Ontario, written by different authors (usually members of the clan).
12 pages; not dated but probably around 1945. Histories of:
Hamilton family by F. C. Young.
George Field family.
William Alexander Thomson family by T....
July 13, 1871, Copy of Deed of Land (Lot No. 141 in Queenston) from 1871, issued and certified by St. Catharines Deputy Registrar in 1928. The agreement was between Thomas C. Street and Trustees of the Regular Baptist Church in Queenston. This is location of the Queenston Baptist Church.