1921, Sepia coloured photograph of a suspension bridge with railway track in the middle.
"Ancient Toll House moved to new location on fruit farm
," Niagara Falls Evening Review (Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada) Article about old tollhouse in Queenston, built in
1851 for the first Queenston-Lewiston Suspension bridge. The bridge linked Niagara with upper New York State for 14 years and then, on April 12, 1864, the structure was swept down the Niagara River, where it hung useless for 34 years. When the...
1920, Black and white photographs of Queen Street in Queenston, Ontario "Queen St. Queenston (about 1920)"
1910, Black and white photograph with panoramic view of Queenston and Niagara River, with a steamship waiting at Queenston dock. The picture taken from the Brock's monument (located in Queenston Heights Park) about 1910. "steamer at dock. Queenston, Ont. about 1910"
Spring 1909, Black and white postcards of snow clearing efforts in Queenston during ice jam on the Niagara River; April and May, 1909.
Clearing Queenston Docks, May 6, 1909
Clearing railway tracks
Removing ice jam at Queenston with rotary plow, May 6, 1909
Niagara River ice jam, April,...
Spring 1909, Black and white postcards of damage caused by ice jam on the lower Niagara River at Lewiston, N.Y. in May, 1909.
Ice jam at Lewiston, N. Y. near the Pavilion
Damaged dock and Hotel Cornell at Lewiston, N. Y
Ice jam April 1909 - Hotel Cornell, Lewiston, N. Y. The ice jam in 1909...
1954, Black and white photographs of Queenston Docks, showing flooded buildings and mounting ice on the Niagara River.
Could it be the ice jam in 1955? "Queenston dock 1954"
1910, Black and white photograph with panoramic view of Queenston and Niagara River. The picture was taken from the Brock's monument (located in Queenston Heights Park) about 1910. "River & Queenston from monument. About 1910"
1925, Black and white photo of a suspension bridge over Niagara Gorge and the railway tracks along the Niagara River. The old (the second) Queenston-Lewiston Suspension Bridge was originally built near the location of the present-day Rainbow Bridge, and was re-elected in Queenston in 1898, after the...
Black and white photograph of a railway train on a single streetcar track crossing the Queenston-Lewiston Suspension Bridge.
Undated photo, probably was taken between 1899 and 1902. The second Queenston - Lewiston Suspension Bridge was officially opened on July 21st 1899, connecting two railway...
Sepia colour photographs attached to cardboard frame. Reverse:
"Photo taken from Brock's Monument toward Lewiston N.Y. early 1900s"
Black and white photograph of the famous passenger steamship "Corona" at Queenston dock. View of the dock and surrounding area. The steamer "Corona" operated on the Toronto-Niagara run between 1896-1930.
"The Corona was a side wheeler, capable of carrying 2,000 passengers. She was 272 feet long...
Black and white photograph of the ferry steamboat "Ongiara" with passengers aboard (mostly men in military uniforms). The "Ongiara" was a wooden, double-deck, propeller driven steam ferry built in 1885 at Toronto by Melancthon Simpson and commissioned as the "Queen City". In 1888 she was sold to...
1938, Booklet with black and white photographs of the Falls View Bridge in Niagara Falls, before and after its collapse. On a separate insert:
"Tuesday, April 12th, while we were busy addressing these booklets, the Falls View Bridge, which had been lying on the ice since the bridge fell, began to...
1938, Full title:
Falls View and Niagara Ice Bridges
by James G. Morden(Secretary, Lundy's Lane Historical Society)
Collapse of Falls View Bridge and Ice Jam of 1938
by W. Bruce Leslie
Book (p. 24) containing black and white photographs by: Frank H. Leslie, "Bud" Burnett (of "Niagara Falls Evening...
1951, Full title: A Short History of the Niagara Portage.
Booklet: 21 p. : ill., size: 14cm x 21.5cm
Foreword by Thomas R. Mathias, President of the Lewiston-Queenston Rotary Club.
Black and white photograph of the Niagara River and steamship passing Queenston dock on its route between Toronto, Lewiston and Queenston. Chippewa was built by Niagara Navigation Company in 1894 and retired in 1936.
Spring 1955, Articles and photographs of ice jam on lower Niagara River in spring 1955, published by local newspapers (St. Catharines Standard, Niagara Advance and Niagara Falls Review); different authors and photographers.
The ice jam in 1955 destroyed the dock shelter and ticket office on Queenston Docks.
Black and white photographs of Great Gorge Route Railway cars along the banks of Niagara River. The Great Gorge Route was a popular Niagara river attraction from 1895 - 1935. This electric trolley line ran from Niagara Falls (Prospect Park) to Lewiston, NY along the banks of the Niagara River,...
Black and white photographs of the Queenston-Lewiston Suspension Bridge. Most of them taken from Lewiston, N.Y. towards Queenston in Canada with the gatehouse on the Canadian side of the bridge and fish traps in the Niagara river (on the left).
The second Queenston - Lewiston Suspension Bridge...