We found 36 matching items.
Subject: Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont
Mullin Carolyn, Woodruffs at home. Niagara-on-the-Lake family revives personal history
, "Woodruffs at home. Niagara-on-the-Lake family revives personal history
," Niagara Falls Review (Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada), 2 May 1994 Article about Woodbourne house written by Carolyn Mullin and published by Niagara Falls Review, a community newspaper. Woodbourne house is one of several Woodruff houses in the village of St. Davids (Town of Niagara-on-the-Lake). The original Georgian wing of the house was built in 1839 by William...
14 Oct 1962, Program of service at St. Saviours Brock Memorial Church in Commemoration of the Battle of Queenston Heights. The celebration took place in Queenston, Ontario on October 14, 1962.
Leaflet: 8 pages; size: 17.8cm x 21.5cm
September 1988, Full Title: "St Saviours Brock Memorial Church. Queenston, Ontario, Canada. A short history. September 1988". Includes a page with a list of "Clergy who served at St Saviours".
Pamphlet: 4 pages with two photos of the church (front and back covers); size: 14cm x 22cm St. Saviour Anglican Church,...
1970, Constitution of Queenston Community Association.
4 pages with typed text on: objects, membership, annual fees, duties of officers, committees and meetings.
Yeo, Debra Ann, Queenston past and present. Jean Huggins, teacher and unofficial historian, remembers, "Queenston past and present. Jean Huggins, teacher and unofficial historian, remembers," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 19 Apr 1989 Article about Jean Huggins (Mrs. A. E. Huggins), long-term resident of Queenston, and unofficial historian of the village, published in a local newspaper.
Newspaper photograph with caption: "Jean Huggins, Queenston's unofficial historian, stands in front of Laura Secord Public School, where she...
Full title: Riverview Hotel Property In Queenston For The Farmerettes. Will be operated for duration by Ontario Farm Service; Expect 120 girls and staff there.
Farmerettes- young women who came from all across Canada to Niagara area to help local farmers with harvest during World War II.
Phelps, Frances, Fishermen named Niagara public house 'Whale Inn', "Fishermen named Niagara public house 'Whale Inn'," St. Catharines Standard (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada), 22 May 1957 Article with a photograph of ""Whale Inn" occupied by Elliott family 100 years" The property is located at 66 King Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario
Spring 1909, Black and white postcards of snow clearing efforts in Queenston during ice jam on the Niagara River; April and May, 1909.
Clearing Queenston Docks, May 6, 1909
Clearing railway tracks
Removing ice jam at Queenston with rotary plow, May 6, 1909
Niagara River ice jam, April,...
Black and white photographs (2) of Fairview Fruit Farm in Queenston, belonging to Charles Matthew Lowrey [Lowery]. Views of field and orchards; there is even a sign "Fairview Fruit Farm" on the roof of the barn and some railway track (in foreground).
Matthew Charles Lowrey bought 42 acres of...
1912, Complete 4 page document describing in detail the Fairview Fruit Farm, offered for sale in 1912 by the owner, Matthew Charles Lowrey. By this date Lowrey's interests had diversified - he had, for example opened another store and was involved in the Queenston/St. Davids Quarry - leaving too little...
1901, Black and white photo of farmer`s market with vendors bringing produce on horse-drawn vehicles. Inscription on front:"Market on Hexagon. 1901"
Handwritten on back:
"Market on the Hexagon - in the good old day when motorcars and aeroplanes were unheard of."
1 Jun 1957, Black and white photograph of (left to right): Ex-Reeve and Ex-Warden William J. Hunter, Ex-Reeve and Ex-Warden Robert G. Dawson, cutting the tape and Ex-Reeve Wilfred Stewart taken at the formal opening of the Niagara Township Municipal Building on May 31, 1957. Reverse:"
Article in Niagara...
1986, Black and white group photograph with Lieutenant Governor of Ontario Lincoln Alexander in the middle. The group is posing in front of former Queenston Baptist Church. Lincoln MacCauley Alexander was Lieutenant Governor of Ontario from 1985 until 1991.
Plaque (attached to building)reads:
1945, Pamphlet "Reprinted from Ontario Historical Society Papers and Records (Toronto, 1945), Vol. XXXVII" [vol. 37]
p. 9 [71-79]; size: 17cm x 24.5cm On the first page the author's signature with a handwritten note: "With the compliments of its author. Mrs. S. Tolan"
[Eva Elliot Tolan]
Oct 1945, Full title:
"Niagara Preserved and Restored. A Brief for the Realization of the Historical, Architectural and Cultural Values of the Town of Niagara in Ontario.
J. LLOYD HUGHES, Chairman.
GERALD NOXON, Secretary
Historical Section of the Niagara Post War Planning Commission
1980, Booklet with soft covers: 32 p.,ill.; size: 14cm x 21.8cm
Foreword by W. N. Dick
Wilbert N. Dick was the Lord Mayor of Niagara-on-the-Lake from 1977 to 1985
Artist George Balbar, well-known Niagara artist who sketched cover and other illustrations.
Artist Bonna Rouse
1943, Book with cardboard covers: 79 p.; size: 15.6cm x 23cm.
On the last page(79): handwritten note by Jean Huggins with some clerks' names.
1929, Black and white photograph of children (Ruth and Betty Huggins, Joan Bright among them) sitting in hand cart. There is an old brick house in the background. Reverse:
handwritten names of "Ruth and Betty Huggins, Joan Bright"
1986, Black and white photograph taken inside Queenston Library and Community Centre (former Queenston Baptist Church). Lieutenant Governor of Ontario Lincoln Alexander (the first from right) in a middle of a group of people .
Lincoln MacCauley Alexander was Lieutenant Governor of Ontario from 1985...
"Completing reservoir to provide city water for Queenston area.," Niagara Falls Evening Review (Niagara Falls, Ontario. Canada), 8 Oct 1946 Article about a completion of the new reservoir to provide city water for Queenston, Niagara Parkway and Stone Road area.
"Completing reservoir to provide city water for Queenston area. Built Of Reinforced Concrete; Situated Near Top Of Hill"
Also, attached three small, black and...