St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake


Records

Results

We found
24
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • St. Mark's Women's Auxiliary
    Image       Reverse: "Standing Mrs. Hainer [?], Mrs. John Thornton, Mrs. Goff / nee Kennedy, Mrs. Morrison, Miss Agnes Richardson, Mrs. Joseph Houghton, _____, Mrs. J. H. Lewis, Mrs. C. E. Brown, Mrs. C. Major, Miss Gertrude Eckersley, Mrs. A. Davey, _____, Mrs. C. H. E. Smith, Mrs. F. Winthrop, Miss L. ...
    Image     Reverse: "Standing Mrs. Hainer [?], Mrs. John Thornton, Mrs. Goff / nee Kennedy, Mrs. Morrison, Miss Agnes Richardson, Mrs. Joseph Houghton, _____, Mrs. J. H. Lewis, Mrs. C. E. Brown, ...
  • Interior of St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Colour photo card of the church's interior with the sanctuary in the centre. Reverse: "ST. MARK'S ANGLICAN (EPISCOPAL) CHURCH NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA FOUNDED IN 1792 THE OLDEST CHURCH BUILDING IN THE AREA A Co-operative Venture By: Fuji Photo Film Canada Ltd. Heritage Images, Niagara-on-the-Lake AccuGraphics & Print, St. Catharines"
    Image     Colour photo card of the church's interior with the sanctuary in the centre. Reverse: "ST. MARK'S ANGLICAN (EPISCOPAL) CHURCH NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA FOUNDED IN 1792 THE OLDEST CHURCH BUILDING IN ...
  • Rector's Chair & Bishop's Chair from St. Mark's sanctuary
    Image       Colour photo postcard with description on the back: "Rector's Chair — Coat of Arms Diocese of Niagara founded May 1st, 1875. The Needlepoint created by Ladies of the church depicts Niagara Vegetables, 1967. Bishop's Chair — Coat of Arms Diocese of Quebec — St. Mark's Church 1804-1875. Design depicts Fruits ...
    Image     Colour photo postcard with description on the back: "Rector's Chair — Coat of Arms Diocese of Niagara founded May 1st, 1875. The Needlepoint created by Ladies of the church depicts ...
  • St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. A part of the graveyard is fenced and separated from the rest of the cemetery. Picture is undated, probably taken in 1890s.
    Image     Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. A part of the graveyard is fenced and ...
  • Church of England, Niagara-on-the-Lake circa 1902
    Image       Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. Two women in Victorian skirts and blouses are standing near church entrance. There is a stamp of a photo studio on the back of this picture: "Galbraith Photo ...
    Image     Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. Two women in Victorian skirts and blouses are ...
  • Our Forest Children
    TextPublication       Reverse: "???"
    TextPublication     Reverse: "???"
  • Portrait of two young girls from Shingwauk mission
    Image       Reverse: "???"
    Image     Reverse: "???"
  • Beatrice from Shingwauk Home
    Image       Reverse: "Beatrice Ince[?] Shingwauk Home Christmas 1923"
    Image     Reverse: "Beatrice Ince[?] Shingwauk Home Christmas 1923"
  • Julia Waundee, 13 years old pupil of the Wawanosh Home
    Image       Reverse: "Julia Waundee, 13 years old pupil of the Wawanosh Home Protégé of St. Mark's B. M. C and Sunday School, Niagara 13 Oct/03[?]"
    Image     Reverse: "Julia Waundee, 13 years old pupil of the Wawanosh Home Protégé of St. Mark's B. M. C and Sunday School, Niagara 13 Oct/03[?]"
  • Shingwauk Home with its family
    Image       Reverse: "Shingwauk Home with its family & the winter's provisions hanging outside"
    Image     Reverse: "Shingwauk Home with its family & the winter's provisions hanging outside"
  • Portrait of a young Indian boy from Shingwauk Mission
    Image       Black and white photograph on a sheet of iron metal shows a young boy in school uniform, with one hand resting on a wooden fence and another holding a hat. The Rev. Edward Francis Wilson was a missionary and a principal of residential school at Shingwauk, near Sault Ste. Marie, ...
    Image     Black and white photograph on a sheet of iron metal shows a young boy in school uniform, with one hand resting on a wooden fence and another holding a hat. ...
  • Indian boys and girls from Sault St. Marie Homes for Indian children
    Image       Reverse- stamp: " Royal Studio and Art Rooms 98 Wellington St. Ottawa, Canada (Late Notman & Son) R. W. Harrison, Artist *** A fine selection of views, art novelties, frames, albums, &c., on hand at moderate prices. *** James Ashfield"
    Image     Reverse- stamp: " Royal Studio and Art Rooms 98 Wellington St. Ottawa, Canada (Late Notman & Son) R. W. Harrison, Artist *** A fine selection of views, art novelties, frames, ...
  • The Reverend E. F. Wilson and his family at Shingwauk mission
    Image       Reverse: " The Rev. E. Fr. Wilson & family" Front: "Lockwood & Lothian Sault Ste. Marie, Mich."
    Image     Reverse: " The Rev. E. Fr. Wilson & family" Front: "Lockwood & Lothian Sault Ste. Marie, Mich."
  • Portrait of George Bruce
    Image       Reverse: "George Bruce Fairford, Manitoba"
    Image     Reverse: "George Bruce Fairford, Manitoba"
  • St. Mark's Sunday School in 1920s
    Imagemystery       Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's"
    Imagemystery     Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's"
  • St. Mark's Sunday School in 1920s
    Imagemystery       Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's back -l to r Mrs. Connolly, unknown, Mrs. Redhead, Mrs. [?]"
    Imagemystery     Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's back -l to r Mrs. Connolly, unknown, Mrs. Redhead, Mrs. [?]"
  • St. Mark's Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake, 1910
    Image       Watercolour on paper of St. Mark's Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake circa 1910, showing main church entrance and a tower with four spires. The building walls are almost completely covered with vines.
    Image     Watercolour on paper of St. Mark's Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake circa 1910, showing main church entrance and a tower with four spires. The building walls are almost completely covered with vines.
  • St. Mark's Church ca. 1890
    Image       Painting of St. Mark's Church in Niagara about 1890 by Canadian landscape artist George Robert Bruenech. Watercolour on paper, earth tones: browns, tans, greens and greys; artist's signature on the right side.
    Image     Painting of St. Mark's Church in Niagara about 1890 by Canadian landscape artist George Robert Bruenech. Watercolour on paper, earth tones: browns, tans, greens and greys; artist's signature on the ...
  • St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Reverse: "Pre 1964 Note urn on Crysler monument Demray-N.F"
    Image     Reverse: "Pre 1964 Note urn on Crysler monument Demray-N.F"
  • St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron Street, near a main entrance gate.
    Image     Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron ...
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake


St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake is the oldest Anglican community in the Diocese of Niagara, established by Rev. Robert Addison in 1792. He brought with him from England a silver chalice and a library of more than 1,500 books, the oldest library west of Quebec, which today are located in Addison Hall at St. Mark's. The church completed by 1808, was damaged by fire during the War of 1812, was subsequently restored and finally consecrated in 1828. The churchyard was the only cemetery in the town until the 1830’s so the earliest headstones bear some significant names in early Canada history.