2000, Full Title:
"St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety.
Anglican Church - Niagara on the Lake, 1790 - 2000."
Book about history of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake from its beginning in the late 18th century to the year 2000.
192 p.: ill.; size:18cm x 25cm
1922, Black and white photograph of dressed up women, sitting or standing in three rows, with two girls in the front row. The picture was taken in St. Mark's Parish hall. The photograph is attached to a grey coloured cardboard frame with some names handwritten around the photo and on the back. Please...
Colour photo card of the church's interior with the sanctuary in the centre.
"ST. MARK'S ANGLICAN (EPISCOPAL) CHURCH NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA FOUNDED IN 1792
THE OLDEST CHURCH BUILDING IN THE AREA
A Co-operative Venture By: Fuji Photo Film Canada Ltd.
Colour photo postcard with description on the back:
"Rector's Chair -- Coat of Arms Diocese of Niagara founded May 1st, 1875. The Needlepoint created by Ladies of the church depicts Niagara Vegetables, 1967.
Bishop's Chair -- Coat of Arms Diocese of Quebec -- St. Mark's Church 1804-1875....
1902, Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. Two women in Victorian skirts and blouses are standing near church entrance.
There is a stamp of a photo studio on the back of this picture:
Black and white photograph of four women and eight young boys standing outside of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Reverse:
"St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's
back -l to r
Mrs. Connolly, unknown, Mrs. Redhead, Mrs. [?]"
Painting of St. Mark's Church in Niagara about 1890 by Canadian landscape artist George Robert Bruenech. Watercolour on paper, earth tones: browns, tans, greens and greys; artist's signature on the right side. "George Robert Bruenech, a watercolor painter, died in Toronto, Canada, July 22, at the...
Black and white winter photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, showing the cemetery, part of church building and the main gate. Reverse:
Note urn on Crysler monument
Aug 10, 1973, Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron Street, near a main entrance gate.
Two photographs: colour and black/white (small: 5.2 cm x 6.5 cm) of Addison Hall, taken before renovation in 1966.
"Addison Hall sometimes referred to as the Sunday Schoolhouse, because of its tower and bell, was erected in 1886. The hall was remodelled and expanded in 1966. The original side...
Jun 1892, Full Title:
"Centennial" poem. Written on the centenary of St. Mark's Church, Niagara, Ont. 1792-1892"
Booklet: 24 p.: ill.; size:17.2 cm x 12.8
with black and white photographs of Rev. J. C. Garrett and William McMurray Signed by the author [page 3]:
Jno. C. Garrett"
8 Jul 1934, 40 p.: ill.; size:14.3 cm x 21.3cm Signed by the author [page 3]:
"With the author's compliments
J. M. Mussen
8th July, 1934"
1 Nov 2011, Booklet 16 p.: ill.; size: 22.8cm x 12.7cm "St. Mark's Historic Properties Foundation
The people of St. Mark's have been able to maintain these heritage properties through monies generated by The Historic Properties Foundation (HPF), established in the 1980s. Over the last decade, the Foundation...
Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a cemetery with a path leading to the church. The church building has a square tower with four spires.
Photo is undated, probably taken in 1890s. There is a stamp of a photographer on the back of this picture:
Harding, Molly, Niagara's Heritage Restored, "Niagara's Heritage Restored," At Home In Niagara (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada: The St. Catharines Standard Specialty Publications), Fall 1995, 21-25 Article about restoration of the Lake Lodge, a previous residence of Robert Addison, the first Anglican missionary on the Niagara Frontier.
Lake Lodge was constructed in 1792 by Jacob Servos, a former Butler's Ranger and in 1799, Reverend Robert Addison purchased the property from Servos. Lake...
Summer 1977, Black and white photograph of stone church with a massive front tower (partially covered by vine) and elements of Gothic Revival style.
The original church was built in 1805 and served as a hospital during the War of 1812. After burning the town by leaving American forces, there were only stone...
Black and white photograph of members of Women's Auxiliary ca. 1920. The group is standing in front of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Please check "St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety" by Fred Habermehl and Donald Combe for more information on St. Mark's Women's Auxiliary....
Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. A part of the graveyard is fenced and separated from the rest of the cemetery.
Picture is undated, probably taken in 1890s.
Black and white photograph of two women (wearing hats and knee-length dresses) with a big group of young girls and two little boys in front row. They are standing under an old pine tree outside St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Reverse:
"St. Mark's Sunday School
2012, Book about life of Robert Addison, the first rector of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The Reverend Robert Addison, chaplain of Upper Canada's first Legislative Assembly, numbered among his parishioners Lieutenant-Governor John Simcoe, Lieutenant-Colonel John Butler, and...