Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a cemetery with a path leading to the church. The church building has a square tower with four spires.
Photo is undated, probably taken in 1890s. There is a stamp of a photographer on the back of this picture:
Sepia coloured photograph of a young girl in a school uniform standing beside a chair. There is a two-storey stone building in the background, probably new Wawanosh Home for Girls which opened at the Shingwauk (St. Mary's River) in 1879.
"To accommodate girls, a separate residential school...
Sepia coloured photograph of Indian boys and girls, together with the Rev. Edward Francis Wilson (in the middle) taken inside Royal Photo Studio in Ottawa. Description reads: "Indian boys and girls from Sault St. Marie Homes for Indian children, shewing specimens of their work. /Royal Studio,...
August, 1887, Our forest children. Vol. 1, No. 6 (Aug. 1887): Shingwauk Home, 4 pages.
It was published monthly between 1888-1890 by Shingwauk Home, Sault Ste Marie, Ont. and edited by the Rev. E. F. Wilson.
The Rev. Edward Francis Wilson was a missionary among the Indians (Shingwauk mission)and a principal of...
Portrait photograph of young Elizabeth C. Ascher. Undated.
Jun 1892, Full Title:
"Centennial" poem. Written on the centenary of St. Mark's Church, Niagara, Ont. 1792-1892"
Booklet: 24 p.: ill.; size:17.2 cm x 12.8
with black and white photographs of Rev. J. C. Garrett and William McMurray Signed by the author [page 3]:
Jno. C. Garrett"
Sepia coloured photograph of the Rev. Edward Francis Wilson, his wife and ten children, posing outside the fenced building. He was a missionary among the Indians and a principal of residential school at Garden River, near Sault Ste. Marie, between 1872 and 1893.
The picture is attached to a...
Sepia coloured photograph of Indian boys and girls, standing on the ground, the stairs and the ladders, taken outside of a big stone building.
The Rev. Edward Francis Wilson was a missionary among the Indians (Shingwauk mission) and a principal of residential school at Garden River, near Sault...
1901, Black and white photograph of royal couple during a visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. They are walking on the wooden platform towards a train and the crowd is cheering on an opposite side of the street. Picture was taken on King Street.
1902, Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. Two women in Victorian skirts and blouses are standing near church entrance.
There is a stamp of a photo studio on the back of this picture:
Black and white photographs of soldiers in Niagara-on-the-Lake:
1- of the tents in Niagara Camp
2- the soldiers training in Fort George
3- troops arriving by train
Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher standing in the front of military barracks in Niagara-on-the-Lake during World War I.
Black and white photograph of Polish and Canadian soldiers standing in a row, on the main street in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Sixth from the left is Colonel Arthur D'Orr Le Pan, the commander of the Polish Army Camp in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Photograph from collection of Elizabeth C. Ascher.
July 27, 1918 Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher with two Polish soldiers. They are holding a flag with Polish national symbols and writing - dedication to Red Cross Committe in Niagara Falls (in Polish: "Wojsko Polskie z Obozu Kosciuszki w Niagara-on-the-Lake, Komitetowi Pan Czerwonego Krzyza w...
1922, Black and white photograph of dressed up women, sitting or standing in three rows, with two girls in the front row. The picture was taken in St. Mark's Parish hall. The photograph is attached to a grey coloured cardboard frame with some names handwritten around the photo and on the back. Please...
October, 1922 Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher decorated with the Chevalier's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta.
The photograph was taken in October 1922.
Christmas, 1923, Sepia coloured photograph of a young girl with short hair, carrying a teddy bear. She is standing in front of grand two-storey stone building, probably Wawanosh Home for Girls at the Shingwauk (St. Mary's River). She was one of the protégés of St. Mark's Church. Reverse:
17 Jul 1933, Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher, standing at the Polish soldiers' Cross of Sacrifice in the Polish Military Cemetery at Niagara-on-the-Lake. July 17, 1933.
8 Jul 1934, 40 p.: ill.; size:14.3 cm x 21.3cm Signed by the author [page 3]:
"With the author's compliments
J. M. Mussen
8th July, 1934"
May 1941, Articles about Elizabeth C. Ascher published by local newspapers, shortly, before and after her death on May 5, 1941. She was a correspondent for the St. Catharines Standard for almost 40 years, active member of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and a faithful worker in many...