2012, Book about life of Robert Addison, the first rector of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The Reverend Robert Addison, chaplain of Upper Canada's first Legislative Assembly, numbered among his parishioners Lieutenant-Governor John Simcoe, Lieutenant-Colonel John Butler, and...
1 Nov 2011, Booklet 16 p.: ill.; size: 22.8cm x 12.7cm "St. Mark's Historic Properties Foundation
The people of St. Mark's have been able to maintain these heritage properties through monies generated by The Historic Properties Foundation (HPF), established in the 1980s. Over the last decade, the Foundation...
2000, Full Title:
"St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety.
Anglican Church - Niagara on the Lake, 1790 - 2000."
Book about history of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake from its beginning in the late 18th century to the year 2000.
192 p.: ill.; size:18cm x 25cm
Harding, Molly, Niagara's Heritage Restored, "Niagara's Heritage Restored," At Home In Niagara (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada: The St. Catharines Standard Specialty Publications), Fall 1995, 21-25 Article about restoration of the Lake Lodge, a previous residence of Robert Addison, the first Anglican missionary on the Niagara Frontier.
Lake Lodge was constructed in 1792 by Jacob Servos, a former Butler's Ranger and in 1799, Reverend Robert Addison purchased the property from Servos. Lake...
Book with cardboard covers; 40 pp.; ill.; size:13.7 cm x 21.7cm Written by the Reverend Hugh D. Maclean (Mark's Church Rector, 1965--1978)
Summer 1977, Black and white photograph of stone church with a massive front tower (partially covered by vine) and elements of Gothic Revival style.
The original church was built in 1805 and served as a hospital during the War of 1812. After burning the town by leaving American forces, there were only stone...
Aug 10, 1973, Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron Street, near a main entrance gate.
Colour photo card of the church's interior with the sanctuary in the centre.
"ST. MARK'S ANGLICAN (EPISCOPAL) CHURCH NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA FOUNDED IN 1792
THE OLDEST CHURCH BUILDING IN THE AREA
A Co-operative Venture By: Fuji Photo Film Canada Ltd.
Colour photo postcard with description on the back:
"Rector's Chair -- Coat of Arms Diocese of Niagara founded May 1st, 1875. The Needlepoint created by Ladies of the church depicts Niagara Vegetables, 1967.
Bishop's Chair -- Coat of Arms Diocese of Quebec -- St. Mark's Church 1804-1875....
Black and white winter photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, showing the cemetery, part of church building and the main gate. Reverse:
Note urn on Crysler monument
Two photographs: colour and black/white (small: 5.2 cm x 6.5 cm) of Addison Hall, taken before renovation in 1966.
"Addison Hall sometimes referred to as the Sunday Schoolhouse, because of its tower and bell, was erected in 1886. The hall was remodelled and expanded in 1966. The original side...
May 1941, Articles about Elizabeth C. Ascher published by local newspapers, shortly, before and after her death on May 5, 1941. She was a correspondent for the St. Catharines Standard for almost 40 years, active member of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and a faithful worker in many...
8 Jul 1934, 40 p.: ill.; size:14.3 cm x 21.3cm Signed by the author [page 3]:
"With the author's compliments
J. M. Mussen
8th July, 1934"
17 Jul 1933, Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher, standing at the Polish soldiers' Cross of Sacrifice in the Polish Military Cemetery at Niagara-on-the-Lake. July 17, 1933.
Christmas, 1923, Sepia coloured photograph of a young girl with short hair, carrying a teddy bear. She is standing in front of grand two-storey stone building, probably Wawanosh Home for Girls at the Shingwauk (St. Mary's River). She was one of the protégés of St. Mark's Church. Reverse:
October, 1922 Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher decorated with the Chevalier's Cross of the Order of Polonia Restituta.
The photograph was taken in October 1922.
1922, Black and white photograph of dressed up women, sitting or standing in three rows, with two girls in the front row. The picture was taken in St. Mark's Parish hall. The photograph is attached to a grey coloured cardboard frame with some names handwritten around the photo and on the back. Please...
July 27, 1918 Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher with two Polish soldiers. They are holding a flag with Polish national symbols and writing - dedication to Red Cross Committe in Niagara Falls (in Polish: "Wojsko Polskie z Obozu Kosciuszki w Niagara-on-the-Lake, Komitetowi Pan Czerwonego Krzyza w...
Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher standing in the front of military barracks in Niagara-on-the-Lake during World War I.
Black and white photograph of Polish and Canadian soldiers standing in a row, on the main street in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Sixth from the left is Colonel Arthur D'Orr Le Pan, the commander of the Polish Army Camp in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Photograph from collection of Elizabeth C. Ascher.