Two photographs: colour and black/white (small: 5.2 cm x 6.5 cm) of Addison Hall, taken before renovation in 1966.
"Addison Hall sometimes referred to as the Sunday Schoolhouse, because of its tower and bell, was erected in 1886. The hall was remodelled and expanded in 1966. The original side...
Jun 1892, Full Title:
"Centennial" poem. Written on the centenary of St. Mark's Church, Niagara, Ont. 1792-1892"
Booklet: 24 p.: ill.; size:17.2 cm x 12.8
with black and white photographs of Rev. J. C. Garrett and William McMurray Signed by the author [page 3]:
Jno. C. Garrett"
8 Jul 1934, 40 p.: ill.; size:14.3 cm x 21.3cm Signed by the author [page 3]:
"With the author's compliments
J. M. Mussen
8th July, 1934"
1 Nov 2011, Booklet 16 p.: ill.; size: 22.8cm x 12.7cm "St. Mark's Historic Properties Foundation
The people of St. Mark's have been able to maintain these heritage properties through monies generated by The Historic Properties Foundation (HPF), established in the 1980s. Over the last decade, the Foundation...
Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a cemetery with a path leading to the church. The church building has a square tower with four spires.
Photo is undated, probably taken in 1890s. There is a stamp of a photographer on the back of this picture:
Harding, Molly, Niagara's Heritage Restored, "Niagara's Heritage Restored," At Home In Niagara (St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada: The St. Catharines Standard Specialty Publications), Fall 1995, 21-25 Article about restoration of the Lake Lodge, a previous residence of Robert Addison, the first Anglican missionary on the Niagara Frontier.
Lake Lodge was constructed in 1792 by Jacob Servos, a former Butler's Ranger and in 1799, Reverend Robert Addison purchased the property from Servos. Lake...
Summer 1977, Black and white photograph of stone church with a massive front tower (partially covered by vine) and elements of Gothic Revival style.
The original church was built in 1805 and served as a hospital during the War of 1812. After burning the town by leaving American forces, there were only stone...
Black and white photograph of members of Women's Auxiliary ca. 1920. The group is standing in front of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Please check "St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety" by Fred Habermehl and Donald Combe for more information on St. Mark's Women's Auxiliary....
Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. A part of the graveyard is fenced and separated from the rest of the cemetery.
Picture is undated, probably taken in 1890s.
Black and white photograph of two women (wearing hats and knee-length dresses) with a big group of young girls and two little boys in front row. They are standing under an old pine tree outside St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Reverse:
"St. Mark's Sunday School
2012, Book about life of Robert Addison, the first rector of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The Reverend Robert Addison, chaplain of Upper Canada's first Legislative Assembly, numbered among his parishioners Lieutenant-Governor John Simcoe, Lieutenant-Colonel John Butler, and...
May 1941, Articles about Elizabeth C. Ascher published by local newspapers, shortly, before and after her death on May 5, 1941. She was a correspondent for the St. Catharines Standard for almost 40 years, active member of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, and a faithful worker in many...
Watercolour on paper of St. Mark's Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake circa 1910, showing main church entrance and a tower with four spires. The building walls are almost completely covered with vines.
Portrait photograph of young Elizabeth C. Ascher. Undated.
Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher standing in the front of military barracks in Niagara-on-the-Lake during World War I.
17 Jul 1933, Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher, standing at the Polish soldiers' Cross of Sacrifice in the Polish Military Cemetery at Niagara-on-the-Lake. July 17, 1933.
Black and white photograph of Polish and Canadian soldiers standing in a row, on the main street in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Sixth from the left is Colonel Arthur D'Orr Le Pan, the commander of the Polish Army Camp in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Photograph from collection of Elizabeth C. Ascher.
Leaflet published by St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake; with two photographs of Elizabeth (Masters) Ascher and an essay by Polish historian Roman Baraniecki. Polish Sunday Annual Pilgrimage (usually the second Sunday in June) pays homage to the all-volunteer Polish Blue Army.
July 27, 1918 Black and white photograph of Elizabeth C. Ascher with two Polish soldiers. They are holding a flag with Polish national symbols and writing - dedication to Red Cross Committe in Niagara Falls (in Polish: "Wojsko Polskie z Obozu Kosciuszki w Niagara-on-the-Lake, Komitetowi Pan Czerwonego Krzyza w...
Book with cardboard covers; 40 pp.; ill.; size:13.7 cm x 21.7cm Written by the Reverend Hugh D. Maclean (Mark's Church Rector, 1965--1978)