St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- Media Type:
- St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake is the oldest Anglican community in the Diocese of Niagara, established by Rev. Robert Addison in 1792. He brought with him from England a silver chalice and a library of more than 1,500 books, the oldest library west of Quebec, which today are located in Addison Hall at St. Mark's.
The church completed by 1808, was damaged by fire during the War of 1812, was subsequently restored and finally consecrated in 1828. The churchyard was the only cemetery in the town until the 1830’s so the earliest headstones bear some significant names in early Canada history.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0