St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake


Records

Results

We found
41
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • The Duke and Duchess of York (later King George V and Queen Mary) departing Niagara on the Lake 1901
    Image       Black and white photograph of royal couple during a visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. They are walking on the wooden platform towards a train and the crowd is cheering on an opposite side of the street. Picture was taken on King Street.
    Image     Black and white photograph of royal couple during a visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. They are walking on the wooden platform towards a train and the crowd is cheering on an opposite ...
  • Addison Hall at St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Two photographs: colour and black/white (small: 5.2 cm x 6.5 cm) of Addison Hall, taken before renovation in 1966. "Addison Hall sometimes referred to as the Sunday Schoolhouse, because of its tower and bell, was erected in 1886. The hall was remodelled and expanded in 1966. The original side windows ...
    Image     Two photographs: colour and black/white (small: 5.2 cm x 6.5 cm) of Addison Hall, taken before renovation in 1966. "Addison Hall sometimes referred to as the Sunday Schoolhouse, because of ...
  • Our Forest Children
    TextPublication       Reverse: "???"
    TextPublication     Reverse: "???"
  • St. Mark's Sunday School in 1920s
    Imagemystery       Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's"
    Imagemystery     Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's"
  • St. Mark's Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake, 1910
    Image       Watercolour on paper of St. Mark's Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake circa 1910, showing main church entrance and a tower with four spires. The building walls are almost completely covered with vines.
    Image     Watercolour on paper of St. Mark's Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake circa 1910, showing main church entrance and a tower with four spires. The building walls are almost completely covered with vines.
  • St. Mark's Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake after 1874
    Image       Reverse: "St. Mark's church Niagara-on-the-Lake after 1874"
    Image     Reverse: "St. Mark's church Niagara-on-the-Lake after 1874"
  • St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron Street, near a main entrance gate.
    Image     Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron ...
  • St. Mark's Church ca. 1890
    Image       Painting of St. Mark's Church in Niagara about 1890 by Canadian landscape artist George Robert Bruenech. Watercolour on paper, earth tones: browns, tans, greens and greys; artist's signature on the right side.
    Image     Painting of St. Mark's Church in Niagara about 1890 by Canadian landscape artist George Robert Bruenech. Watercolour on paper, earth tones: browns, tans, greens and greys; artist's signature on the ...
  • St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Reverse: "Pre 1964 Note urn on Crysler monument Demray-N.F"
    Image     Reverse: "Pre 1964 Note urn on Crysler monument Demray-N.F"
  • St. Mark's Ladies Parish Guild
    Image       Reverse-some of the names written on back (in pencil on black background- hardly visible): "From left to right 1st row: Mrs. Hall- Mrs. Eckersley - Mrs. Campbell-Mrs. Thompson- [?]E. Ball- Mrs. Press- Mrs. Thornton 2nd row: Mrs. Houghton- Mrs. Redhead- Mrs. Musson- Mrs. Major- Mrs. Lewitt- Mrs. Brown- Mrs. Gobert ...
    Image     Reverse-some of the names written on back (in pencil on black background- hardly visible): "From left to right 1st row: Mrs. Hall- Mrs. Eckersley - Mrs. Campbell-Mrs. Thompson- [?]E. Ball- ...
  • St. Mark's Sunday School in 1920s
    Imagemystery       Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's back -l to r Mrs. Connolly, unknown, Mrs. Redhead, Mrs. [?]"
    Imagemystery     Reverse: "St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's back -l to r Mrs. Connolly, unknown, Mrs. Redhead, Mrs. [?]"
  • St. Mark's Historic Properties Foundation, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada.
    TextImage       Booklet 16 p.: ill.; size: 22.8cm x 12.7cm
    TextImage     Booklet 16 p.: ill.; size: 22.8cm x 12.7cm
  • The Church of St. Mark : A.D. 1792 : Niagara-on-the-Lake Ontario Canada
    TextImage       40 p.: ill.; size:14.3 cm x 21.3cm
    TextImage     40 p.: ill.; size:14.3 cm x 21.3cm
  • St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety
    TextImage       Full Title: "St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety. Anglican Church - Niagara on the Lake, 1790 - 2000." Book about history of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake from its beginning in the late 18th century to the year 2000. 192 p.: ill.; size:18cm x 25cm
    TextImage     Full Title: "St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety. Anglican Church - Niagara on the Lake, 1790 - 2000." Book about history of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake from its ...
  • A Rare Gift Within Its Gates: The Story of St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, Canada.
    TextImage       Book with cardboard covers; 40 pp.; ill.; size:13.7 cm x 21.7cm
    TextImage     Book with cardboard covers; 40 pp.; ill.; size:13.7 cm x 21.7cm
  • "Centennial" poem 1792-1892
    TextImage       Full Title: "Centennial" poem. Written on the centenary of St. Mark's Church, Niagara, Ont. 1792-1892" Booklet: 24 p.: ill.; size:17.2 cm x 12.8 with black and white photographs of Rev. J. C. Garrett and William McMurray
    TextImage     Full Title: "Centennial" poem. Written on the centenary of St. Mark's Church, Niagara, Ont. 1792-1892" Booklet: 24 p.: ill.; size:17.2 cm x 12.8 with black and white photographs of Rev. ...
  • Robert Addison: Scholar, Missionary, Minister
    TextImage       Book about life of Robert Addison, the first rector of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The Reverend Robert Addison, chaplain of Upper Canada's first Legislative Assembly, numbered among his parishioners Lieutenant-Governor John Simcoe, Lieutenant-Colonel John Butler, and Major-General Isaac Brock. Leather bound book 132 p.: ill.; size:20.5cm x 26.3cm
    TextImage     Book about life of Robert Addison, the first rector of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. The Reverend Robert Addison, chaplain of Upper Canada's first Legislative Assembly, numbered among his ...
  • St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake
    Image       Reverse: "St. Mark's Church 1805 & 1843 Byron St. NOTL"
    Image     Reverse: "St. Mark's Church 1805 & 1843 Byron St. NOTL"
  • Portrait of George Bruce
    Image       Reverse: "George Bruce Fairford, Manitoba"
    Image     Reverse: "George Bruce Fairford, Manitoba"
  • Camp Niagara in Niagara-on-the-Lake during First World War (WWI).
    Imagecomment       Black and white photographs of soldiers in Niagara-on-the-Lake: 1- of the tents in Niagara Camp 2- the soldiers training in Fort George 3- troops arriving by train
    Imagecomment     Black and white photographs of soldiers in Niagara-on-the-Lake: 1- of the tents in Niagara Camp 2- the soldiers training in Fort George 3- troops arriving by train
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit




My favourites lets you save items you like, tag them and group them into collections for your own personal use. Viewing "My favourites" will open in a new tab. Login here or start a My favourites account.










St. Mark's Anglican Church, Niagara-on-the-Lake


St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake is the oldest Anglican community in the Diocese of Niagara, established by Rev. Robert Addison in 1792. He brought with him from England a silver chalice and a library of more than 1,500 books, the oldest library west of Quebec, which today are located in Addison Hall at St. Mark's. The church completed by 1808, was damaged by fire during the War of 1812, was subsequently restored and finally consecrated in 1828. The churchyard was the only cemetery in the town until the 1830’s so the earliest headstones bear some significant names in early Canada history.