2000, Full Title:
"St. Mark's Persons of Hopeful Piety.
Anglican Church - Niagara on the Lake, 1790 - 2000."
Book about history of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake from its beginning in the late 18th century to the year 2000.
192 p.: ill.; size:18cm x 25cm
Sepia coloured photograph of the Rev. Edward Francis Wilson, his wife and ten children, posing outside the fenced building. He was a missionary among the Indians and a principal of residential school at Garden River, near Sault Ste. Marie, between 1872 and 1893.
The picture is attached to a...
Christmas, 1923, Sepia coloured photograph of a young girl with short hair, carrying a teddy bear. She is standing in front of grand two-storey stone building, probably Wawanosh Home for Girls at the Shingwauk (St. Mary's River). She was one of the protégés of St. Mark's Church. Reverse:
August, 1887, Our forest children. Vol. 1, No. 6 (Aug. 1887): Shingwauk Home, 4 pages.
It was published monthly between 1888-1890 by Shingwauk Home, Sault Ste Marie, Ont. and edited by the Rev. E. F. Wilson.
The Rev. Edward Francis Wilson was a missionary among the Indians (Shingwauk mission)and a principal of...
Black and white portrait photograph of the Reverend G. Bruce attached to a cardboard frame with a signature of photographer: "Campbell. 300 Main St. Winnipeg, Manitoba".
George Bruce was a Native clergyman at Fairford mission, Manitoba. In 1868 Rev George BRUCE was ordained and in 1869 he was put...
Black and white photograph of two young girls wearing elegant dark dresses with white lace collars and white belts.
The picture is attached to a beige cardboard frame with a stamp of photographer:
"G. N. Bartlett
Sault St. Marie, Ontario"
Probably taken in 1920s. Reverse:
1901, Black and white photograph of royal couple during a visit to Niagara-on-the-Lake. They are walking on the wooden platform towards a train and the crowd is cheering on an opposite side of the street. Picture was taken on King Street.
Black and white photograph on a sheet of iron metal shows a young boy in school uniform, with one hand resting on a wooden fence and another holding a hat.
The Rev. Edward Francis Wilson was a missionary and a principal of residential school at Shingwauk, near Sault Ste. Marie, between 1872 and...
1922, Black and white photograph of dressed up women, sitting or standing in three rows, with two girls in the front row. The picture was taken in St. Mark's Parish hall. The photograph is attached to a grey coloured cardboard frame with some names handwritten around the photo and on the back. Please...
Colour photo card of the church's interior with the sanctuary in the centre.
"ST. MARK'S ANGLICAN (EPISCOPAL) CHURCH NIAGARA-ON-THE-LAKE, ONTARIO, CANADA FOUNDED IN 1792
THE OLDEST CHURCH BUILDING IN THE AREA
A Co-operative Venture By: Fuji Photo Film Canada Ltd.
Colour photo postcard with description on the back:
"Rector's Chair -- Coat of Arms Diocese of Niagara founded May 1st, 1875. The Needlepoint created by Ladies of the church depicts Niagara Vegetables, 1967.
Bishop's Chair -- Coat of Arms Diocese of Quebec -- St. Mark's Church 1804-1875....
1902, Sepia coloured photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church showing a front of the church building with a square tower and four spires. Two women in Victorian skirts and blouses are standing near church entrance.
There is a stamp of a photo studio on the back of this picture:
Sepia coloured photograph of Indian boys and girls, standing on the ground, the stairs and the ladders, taken outside of a big stone building.
The Rev. Edward Francis Wilson was a missionary among the Indians (Shingwauk mission) and a principal of residential school at Garden River, near Sault...
Sepia coloured photograph of a young girl in a school uniform standing beside a chair. There is a two-storey stone building in the background, probably new Wawanosh Home for Girls which opened at the Shingwauk (St. Mary's River) in 1879.
"To accommodate girls, a separate residential school...
Sepia coloured photograph of Indian boys and girls, together with the Rev. Edward Francis Wilson (in the middle) taken inside Royal Photo Studio in Ottawa. Description reads: "Indian boys and girls from Sault St. Marie Homes for Indian children, shewing specimens of their work. /Royal Studio,...
Black and white photograph of four women and eight young boys standing outside of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake. Reverse:
"St. Mark's Sunday School 1920's
back -l to r
Mrs. Connolly, unknown, Mrs. Redhead, Mrs. [?]"
Painting of St. Mark's Church in Niagara about 1890 by Canadian landscape artist George Robert Bruenech. Watercolour on paper, earth tones: browns, tans, greens and greys; artist's signature on the right side. "George Robert Bruenech, a watercolor painter, died in Toronto, Canada, July 22, at the...
Black and white winter photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake, showing the cemetery, part of church building and the main gate. Reverse:
Note urn on Crysler monument
Aug 10, 1973, Black and white photograph of St. Mark's Anglican Church in Niagara-on-the-Lake shows a church building with crenelated tower almost completely covered by vines. Picture taken from the sidewalk of Byron Street, near a main entrance gate.
Two photographs: colour and black/white (small: 5.2 cm x 6.5 cm) of Addison Hall, taken before renovation in 1966.
"Addison Hall sometimes referred to as the Sunday Schoolhouse, because of its tower and bell, was erected in 1886. The hall was remodelled and expanded in 1966. The original side...