Letter to Mrs. Walsh from Elizabeth C. Ascher
- Elizabeth Ascher, Correspondent
Mrs. Walsh, Recipient
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A letter to Mrs. Walsh from Elizabeth Ascher of the Niagara Historical Society expressing condolences towards her father's (William Armstrong's) passing on behalf of the whole society.
Two pages on stationary with old letterhead of the Niagara Historical Society.
- From Armstrong family collection.
The Full Text is not completely accurate.
- Date of Original:
- Feb. 19, 1921
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
- Full Text
Mrs. William Walsh
My Dear Mrs Walsh.
At the February meeting of the Niagara Historical Sociey, reference was made to the loss it has sustained by the death of your dear father. The late Mr Armstrong, who was an [word] + quality valued member. Later it was [two words] + carried by standing me, that au
expressing of our regret he recorded in the minutes of the Society & also that the [word] of [word] thy of the Society he extended to your [word] & yourself in your great sorrow, a sorrow that is shared by everyone who knew & loved your father. On behalf of my fellow members, please allow me to express to you, the sympathy we feel for you at the present time & our hope that [two words] comfort & [word] your. [word]
Elizabeth C. Ascher,
Feb. 19th 1921