History of the Scots of Buccleuch
- Full Text
- History of Scotts of Buccleuch -
see Vol. 2. page 77-78 recorded that on November 2nd 1482 Thomas Armstrong one of the chiefs of the Armstrong Clan transferred of his own free will his lands to the Scotts of Buccleuch
see Vol. 2 page 55 and 56 recorded that David Armstrong and Archibald Armstrong were witness to a notorial instrument dated Nov. 2nd 1456
see Thornton's History of Nottingham
Jeffrey's history of Roxboroshire - Echo of the Border Hills
[word] Brittanica = Scotts of Buccleuch
Anderson Scotch Nature - Outlaws of the Marshes
Burks Landed Gentry also Origin of Names
Chambers Pictures of Scotland -
Scot Border Exploits
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type:
- A list of books (or references) one can use to research the history of the Scots of Buccleuch.
- Handwritten notes regarding history of Scotts of Buccleuch, including Armstrong Clan. Paper measures 26 x 21 cm.
From Armstrong family collection.
The Full Text may not be 100% accurate.
- Date Of Event:
- 2 Nov 1482
- Last Name(s):
- Local identifier:
- Language of Item:
- Huggins, Jean A. E. (1895-1989)
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library
Agency street/mail address
10 Anderson Lane
P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0