The Niagara Escarpment Plan
- Govt. of Ontario - Ministry of Environment and Energy, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A book meant to outline the natural environment of the Niagara Escarpment, in an effort to ensure that human intervention and impact is minimized in future development.
"The purpose of this plan is to provide for the maintenance of the Niagara Escarpment and land in its vicinity substantially as a continuous natural environment, and to ensure only such development occurs as is compatible with that natural environment.
The objectives of the Plan are:
1. to protect unique ecologic and historic areas;
2 to maintain and enhance the quality and character of natural streams and water supplies;
3. to provide adequate opportunities for outdoor recreation;
4. to maintain and enhance the open landscape character of the Niagara Escarpment in so far as possible, by such means as compatible farming or forestry and by preserving the natural scenery;
5. to ensure that all new development is compatible with the purpose of the Plan;
6. to provide for adequate public access to the Niagara Escarpment, and;
7. to support municipalities within the Niagara Escarpment Plan Area in their exercise of planning functions conferred upon them by the Planning Act."
Book with glossy soft cover, stapled binding. 80pp, with colour photographs on the insides of each cover page. Size: 25cm x 18cm.
- Govt. of Ontario
- Place of Publication
- Date of Publication
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address10 Anderson Lane P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0