A Collection of Documents from the Niagara on the Lake War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Records (Information)
- Minutes and proceedings
- This document is a collection of documents from the Niagara on the Lake War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee from 2007 - 2015. It includes the committee's original request for authorization and recognition from the Town of Niagara on the Lake, minutes and proceedings of the committee’s meetings and copies of the committee's financial records.
- - This document generally is organized chronologically starting in 2010 and continuing until 2015, however some other documents from earlier than 2010 are included throughout.
- The committee's original request for authorization and recognition from the town can be found on pages 18-20
- A brochure of events set up by the bicentennial committee is on pages 90-92
- Pages 93-94 have a brochure with locations and names of the sponsors of the committee.
Page 127 has a copy of a poster that was advertising the 1812 through the lens historical photograph contest that was run by the Niagara on the Lake Public Library.
- A summary of the committee's fundraising efforts appear from pages 145-147.
- Page 157 has a copy of an invitation from the Honorable MPP Rob Nicholson and the Honorable Peter Kent Canada's Environment Minister to attend the unveiling of a plaque commemorating the "national historical significance of Sir Issac Brock.
- A War of 1812 fact sheet appears on pages 166-167
- A copy of an article from the St. Catharines Standard entitled "Laura Secord wasn't always a Loyalist" appears on pages 177-178
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Niagara-on-the-Lake Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address10 Anderson Lane P.O. Box 430
Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0