We found 181 matching items.
Subject:  Historic buildings  Sort by:  Relevance
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
MacDougal-Harrison House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photo of two-storey brick house with asymmetrical front entrance built in 1820. It is located at 165 Queen St., Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. The former lieutenant in Butler's Rangers, Ralfe Clench, bought the property in 1811 and sold most of it to another former Ranger...
Carlisle-Brook House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photo of a simple house with a gable roof built in 1850. It has a darker siding and light-coloured shutters on both sides of the main central entrance. It is located at 315 Victoria Street, Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Carlisle-Brook...
Crysler-Rigg House (Roslyn Cottage) in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photo of Roslyn Cottage, a classic Niagara-on-the-Lake white clapboard with dark shutters. The oldest part of the house is a three-bay design in wood with a very low pitched roof, built in 1822 by a wealthy merchant of the town, Ralph Morden Crysler. In the late 1830s, he sold the...
Oban Inn in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of a big 3-storey house with verandah and balcony. A property is surrounded by white picket fence. This Old Town landmark was built in 1824 by Captain Duncan Milloy of Oban, Scotland as his private home. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Oban Inn ca. 1824 Front &...
William Kirby's Home in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of 2-storey white stucco house with French style windows and a main doorway in centre. A property is surrounded by white picket fence. Plaque erected by Ontario Archaeological and Historic Sites Board reads: "WILLIAM KIRBY'S HOME In this house, built in 1818, William...
Commissariat's Quarters on Military Reserve in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of single storey cottage with gable roof and verandah. A TV antenna is visible the roof (beside a chimney.) The Commissariat Officer's Quarters are one of the military buidings known as Butler's Barracks. It is believed to be built in 1917, after war of 1812. ...
Wilson-Kent House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of a one-and-a half storey clapboard structure with side-gabled roof. The facade is symmetrical : two windows with black painted shutters and a tall doorway between them. There are brick chimneys at either end. A hedge of clipped yew against the foundation and a maple...
Miller-Taylor House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of a one-and-a half storey, five bay house. The side-gabled roof features brick chimneys at both ends. A hedge of clipped yew against the foundation and a maple tree in the front of the house. The house was built in 1817 by William Duff Miller, stationer, elder of...
Butler House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of a small cottage with five bays, centre doorway and two big chimneys. It was built in 1817, probably by "Judge" Johnson Butler. This bungalow was moved from its original site on the Butler property near the Butler's Burying Ground (at 590 Mississauga St.) to current...
Clench House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of white clapboard, five bay house with pilasters and centred doorway. There is a balcony and Venetian window above main entance. It was built in 1824 by Ralfe Clench, a lieutenat in Butler's Rangers. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Clench House ca.1824 234...
Moffat's Hotel in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of Georgian style two-storey building with a gable roof, located at 60 Pincton Street. Two windows on each side of centre doorway with five windows above. Moffat Hotel was built in 1835 by Richard Moffat and was a popular tavern in mid-1800's. There are two signs on...
Dickson-Potter House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of storey and half Victorian cottage with a porch. It is surrounded by dense greenery and trees. The house is located at 94 John Street. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Dickson-Potter House ca. 1860 94 John St.NOTL"
McKee-Dodson House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of small, storey and half white clapboard house. The house is set close to the sidewalk and entrance with hipped roof verandah is on east side . McKee [McKie House] is located at 18 Prideaux Street. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "McKee-Dodson House ca. 1835, 18...
Barker Hall in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of white clapboard, two-storey, slightly asymmetrical house (larger on right side to accomodate a larger room) with two chimneys on sides. Originally built in 1831 by John Barker, a municipal official. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Barker Hall 1831 46 Johnson...
Davidson-Campbell house in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of two-storey clapboard house with gable facing the street and and entrance on the left. The lacework frill along the eaves is Gothic Revival style addition. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Davidson-Campbell house c. 1845 87 Prideaux St. NOTL"
Dover-Daley House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of simple and small cottage with centre entrance and windows on both sides. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Dover-Daley House 1839 20 Platoff. NOTL"
The Creen House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of elegant, storey and half house with a bay window and nice doorway. The owners of this house included: John Breakenridge (Virginia lawyer), Garrett and Thomas Creen (reverend of St. Marks's Church who succeeded Robert Addison). Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse:...
Dobie-Campbell House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of small, clapboard house with end gables and three bay front. Matthew Dobie, blacksmith, became the first owner of this lot in 1933. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse: "Dobie-Campbell House 1835 83 Prideaux St. NOTL"
Winterbottom-Gullion House in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photo of a small, five-bay house with an asymmetrical entrance on right and a big maple tree in front of the building. It has a light-coloured clapboard and darker shutters. Samuel Winterbottom was the original owner of the house and left the house to his son William in 1840. It...
Baikie-Borsook house in Niagara-on-the-Lake. 
Images  Summer 1977,   Black and white photograph of two storey house with a verandah and French windows. Victorian fretwork beneath the eaves is a later addition. The building is surrounded by big yew shrubs and mature trees. Peter Baikie, shipwright, bought the house in 1842. Negatives from Pat Arrington Reverse:...

Google Earth Google Earth [help]
Sort
Media Types
Contributors
Years
1790s 1790179117921793179417951796179717981799
1800s 1800180118021803180418051806180718081809
1810s1810181118121813181418151816181718181819
1820s1820182118221823182418251826182718281829
1830s1830183118321833183418351836183718381839
1840s1840184118421843184418451846184718481849
1850s 1850185118521853185418551856185718581859
1860s 1860186118621863186418651866186718681869
1870s 1870187118721873187418751876187718781879
1880s1880188118821883188418851886188718881889
1890s 1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s 1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s 1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s 1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s 1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s 1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s 1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s 1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
1970s 1970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s 1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s 1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s 2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s 2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Subjects

Only the top 50 will appear here.

Agricultural laborers (1) Alexander, Lincoln M. (Lincoln MacCauley), 1922-2012. (1) Altars (1) Anglican churches (21) Anniversaries (5) Antiquities (1) Aprons (12) Automobiles (4) Badges (4) Baptist churches (3) Butler's Barracks- Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON (2) Butler's Rangers (2) Cabins (3) Canada Rebellion (1837-1838) (2) Celebrations (2) Cemeteries (11) Churches (23) Churches -- Anglican (3) Churches - History (6) Clergy (2) Clothing & dress - Men's clothing (12) Clubs (52) Colonial advocate [newspaper] (3) Community centers (3) Conservation and restoration (6) Courthouses (2) Drugstores (2) Education (2) Engravings (2) Fraternal lodges (7) Fraternal organizations (41) Freemasonry (52) Frontier & pioneer life (4) Furniture (2) Galleries & museums (2) Historic buildings (181) Historic sites (2) Historical markers (2) Hotels (2) Kirby, William (1817-1906) (2) Libraries (4) Light bulbs (2) Mackenzie, William Lyon (1795-1861) (4) Masonic buildings (52) Masonic Temples (2) Masonry (49) Masons (52) Medals (14) Memorabilia (27) Men's clubs (52) Methodist churches (3) Military facilities (2) Monuments & memorials (2) Niagara (Ont.)--Buildings, structures, etc. (104) Niagara Masonic Lodge No. 2 (Niagara-on-the-Lake) (52) Niagara River, Ont. (2) Niagara Township (2) Niagara-on-the-Lake (Ont.)--Buildings, structures, etc. (6) Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont (107) Nineteen seventies (21) Ontario Heritage Act (OHA) (24) Ontario Heritage Foundation (14) Organizations (52) Organizations' facilities (5) Paintings (2) Pioneers (5) Plaques (5) Portrait photographs (8) Portraits (3) Presbyterian churches (2) Public libraries (3) Queenston (Ont.) (28) Queenston Heights (2) Religious facilities (8) Religious services (20) Rites & ceremonies (8) Secord, Laura (11) Soldiers--Canada (2) Souvenirs (2) St. Davids (4) St. Davids-Queenston United Church (2) St. Mark's Anglican Church (Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ont.) (21) Stokes, Peter John (1929-2013) (4) Stores & shops (6) Sunday schools (2) Symbols (2) Taverns (Inns) (8) Thomas, William, 1799-1860 (2) United Empire Loyalists (3) United Empire loyalists - Ontario (2) Upper Canada (7) Veterans (2) War 1812-1814 (2) War of 1812 (14) War of 1812 Veterans (3) Watercolors (2) Weaving (2) Woodruff, Richard (1784 - 1872) (3) Woodruff, William (1793 - 1860) (3) World War One, 1914-1918 (2)
Item Types
Features
Groups
gallerylist with thumbnailslist
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit