The Old series ordnance survey maps of England and Wales, scale: 1 inch to 1 mile : a reproduction of the 110 sheets of the survey in the early state, in 10 volumes : volume 4 [which contains] Central England (Beds, Bucks, Glos, Middx, Oxon, Worcs, and parts of Berks, Cambs, Hereford, Herts, Hunts, Leics, Mon, N'hants, Salop, Somerset, Surrey, Warws and Wilts)
- Statement of Responsibility:
- maps by the Great Britain Ordnance Survey staff ; introduction by J.B. Harley ; carto-bibliography by J.B. and B.A.D. Manterfield ; illustrations in text by Rodney Fry
- Great Britain. Board of Ordnance. Ordnance Survey (London, England)
- Harley, J.B.
- Manterfield, John B.
- Manterfield, Barbara A.D.
- Fry, Rodney
- Media Type:
- Genealogical Resource
- Item Type:
- Series: The Old Series Ordnance Survey Maps of England and Wales ... ; v.4
There are 48 ordnance maps in this volume, each taking two pages per section ; the backs of these maps are not blank as in the previous volumes.; There is a coloured frontispiece taken from part of sheet 217, date ca 1811 ; scale: 2 inches to 1 mile.; There is also a map of England and Wales showing the 110 sheet numbers for each mapped division, also showing the date that each section was originally published.; Includes bibliographical references for the introductory essay
- Harry Margary
- Place of Publication:
- Lympne Castle, England
- Scale: 1 inch to 1 mile
- lxiv p., 96 lvs : ill., maps
- Date of Original:
- ID Number:
- Oversize 929.3 42 Ordna 1986 Vol.4
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- Toronto Reference Library, Humanities and Social Sciences
The Ontario Genealogical Society
Agency street/mail address
2100 Steeles Avenue West, Unit # 202
Concord, ON L4K 2V1