OLA Super Conference 2015: Think it. Do it!
- Ontario Library Association, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Think It, Do It. This year’s conference theme is about the hard work of creativity – taking great ideas and translating them into reality. It’s about the synergy between thinking and doing. This conference is about rolling up our sleeves and getting things done. Super Conference is an engine that drives creativity. Looking back at conference themes from the past few years, we’ve been thinking about reinvention, regeneration and rejuvenation. We’ve stepped up our passion to make a difference in the world. We’ve explored the power of collaboration and innovation. Last year we imagined a universe of possibilities. This year is about translating those possibilities into reality.
Innovative thinkers are also doers. They understand that ideas evolve and deepen as they are implemented. The power of libraries is no longer obscured by unhelpful stereotypes, because creative thinkers have engaged in the hard work of true innovation.
Libraries and the people who work for them are capturing the public’s imagination as never before. Our foundational values of protecting and promoting the free and equitable exchange of ideas, and fostering learning and creativity are finding new expression. We are leading the way in realizing the evolving aspirations of the communities we serve.
So take inspiration from the world of possibilities that this conference will uncover. But be prepared to roll up those sleeves, because true creativity captures that synergy between thinking and doing.
Anita Brooks Kirkland 2014 President, Ontario Library Association
- Date of Publication:
- 28 Jan 2015
- Date Of Event:
- January 28-31, 2015
- Personal Name(s):
- Chris Bourg, Jane Pratt, John Seely Brown, Seth
- Corporate Name(s):
- Welcome to Night Vale
- Super conference programs
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- [only if different from OLA library]
- Creative Commons licence:
- [more details]
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Location of Original:
- Ontario Library Association offices.
- Reproduction Notes:
- To view the physical program collection or request a reproduction, please contact OLA.
Ontario Library Association
Agency street/mail address
2 Toronto St. 3rd Floor
Toronto, ON M5C 2B6