"Inuit leader says Labrador community overwhelmed by rising tide of death"
- Tekawennake News (Ohsweken, Ontario), 15 Mar 2000
- MacDonald, Michael, Author
- Media Type
- Item Type
- "As if a murder and a rash of suicides weren't enough, the grim death toll in Labrador's largest Inuit community continues to climb. "The crisis response teams in Nain have been working like they've never worked before," William Barbour, president of the Labrador Inuit Association, said Thursday from the isolated community. "It's not just the suicides that we have been dealing with in Nain. It's the many, many other deaths we've been dealing with."
- Tekawennake News
- Place of Publication
- Six Nations of the Grand River, ON
- Date of Publication
- 15 Mar 2000
- Personal Name(s)
- Barbour, William ; Angnatok, Martin ; Zarpa, Abraham ; Tobin, Premier Brian ; Nault, Robert.
- Corporate Name(s)
- Indian Affairs ; Inco Ltd. ; Labrador Inuit Association.
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
Latitude: 56.54581 Longitude: -61.67253
- Six Nations Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address1679 Chiefswood Rd
PO Box 149
Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0