- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series is comprised of the yearbooks of St. Jerome's University. The yearbooks are largely a pictorial history of the year's events in sports, cultural, social and religious activities. They also include photographs of the administration, faculty, staff, undergraduates, graduates and class photographs. The College and the High School departments were combined until 1953 when the College separated from the High School and moved to the Kingsdale campus in east Kitchener. The combined yearbook was entitled, "The Lion". The 1957-1960 issues of the College yearbook was entitled "The Quill" and the 1969 and 1970 issues were called "The Vulgate".
Also included in this series are volumes of the University of Waterloo yearbook,"Compendium", which contain photographs of St. Jerome's College graduates and student councils.
The records are arranged in chronological order.
- Holdings: St. Jerome's College: 1949-1960; 1969; 1970.;
Early issues have loose or fragile bindings;
some covers are stained.;
Duplicate issues of the College yearbooks for 1949-1957; 1959; 1960; 1969; and 1970 are stored on the Bookshelf.
Archives holdings for University of Waterloo "Compendium" are 1962-1967; 1969.
See also Residence Yearbooks
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 1 m. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-4-C13; 2-1-2-A21; 2-1-2-A22; Bookshelf
- Unrestricted access.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.