History Department, 1967-2019
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
An academic department teaching history courses, the Department of History at St. Jerome's predates the college's federation with the University of Waterloo. With the subsequent formation and expansion of the University of Waterloo's history program, the history faculty at St. Jerome's were considered not only members of the college, but also of the University department.
St. Jerome's has academic responsibility for all History students enrolled through the college; the college History department receives their budget through the college;and the college hires faculty independently of the University of Waterloo. The Chairperson of the department is chosen by the history department at St. Jerome's.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records of the History Department include correspondence regarding administrative matters; agendas and minutes of departmental meetings; departmental planning reports; budgets; course offerings and descriptions; and reports concerning relations with the University of Waterloo.
The subgroup has been arranged in 7 series:
1. Administrative Correspondence;
2. Departmental Meetings;
3. Departmental Planning;
4. Financial Records;
5. Course Offerings;
6. Course Outlines;
7. Relations with the University of Waterloo.
Series descriptions are available.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
The dates are not inclusive.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 47 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A7; 2-1-2-A26; 3-1-4-C40
- By permission of the Chair of the Department.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.