Acts of Incorporation, 1866-2002; 2017
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series includes the original Act to Incorporate the College of Saint Jerome (Act of Incorporation) in the town of Berlin, Ontario which was assented to on August 15, 1866 and subsequent government Bills to enact changes to the name and organization of the School:
a) Bill No. 95 enacted in 1903 to change the name of the school to St. Jerome's College;
b) Bill Pr4 enacted in 1959 to change the name to the University of St. Jerome's College;
c) Bill Pr 26 enacted in 1986 which made amendments to the organizational structure of the College;
d) Bill Pr 34 enacted in 2000 which changed the name to St. Jerome's University and reconstituted the Board of Governors.
Also included is a copy of the General By-laws, 1959 and the General By-law of 2002.
In March, 2017 the Diocese of Hamilton decreed the establishment of the Oratory at St. Jerome's University. Included is the signed Decree.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 3 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- Unrestricted access.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.