Alumni Union, 1879-1945
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Forms (Documents)
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
The Alumni Union at St. Jerome's College was established in 1879 to promote the interests of the College and to cultivate friendship among its current and former students. The Alumni Union elected a President, 3 Vice-Presidents, a Secretary, a Treasurer and an Executive Council of 11 members. The officers of the Union were ex-officio members of the Executive Council including the Reverend President of the College. Meetings were initially held annually at the College on Commencement Day. An 1884 amendment to the Union constitution changed the regularity of the general meetings to every second year, although until 1983 meetings were actually convened every three years. Some time during the early 1920's the name of the Union was changed to the Alumni Association of St. Jerome's College. It continued into the 1950's.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This series includes 2 copies of the Alumni Union constitution; an acccount book (July, 1879 - June, 1898); minutes of Union meetings (1882, 1883, 1887, 1890, 1893, 1910, and 1935); a copy of the Alumni issue of THE BEE (Vol. I, August, 1899) which published an article on the history of the Alumni Union; circular letters; an alumni reunion program for 1899; and a list of donors to the St. Jerome's College Villa Fund dated 1915.
The records are arranged by subject.
- The records are in fragile condition.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 5 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Director of the Advancement Office.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.