Anniversaries, 1909-1998; 2011-2015
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Compact Discs
- Floppy disks
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series is comprised of material relating to events held to commemorate various anniversaries of St. Jerome's College/University. Included in the records are:
1) correspondence, programs, welcome address by the Mayor of Berlin (Kitchener), and the original handwritten and typed manuscripts of a brief history of St. Jerome's College by Rev. Theobald Spetz, C.R. The history was published in the SCHOOLMAN in 1915. These records commemorate the Golden (50 year) Jublilee celebrations held in June, 1915;
2) a newspaper article from the Daily Record, August 5, 1925 and a partial text of the sermon preached by Rev. Frank S. McCardle to commemorate the 60th anniversary of St. Jerome's College in 1925;
3) programs, advertising flyer, an invitation, the handwritten original manuscript of the speech given at the Jubilee Banquet and copies of the various addresses given at the Banquet to commemorate the Diamond (75 years) Jubilee of St. Jerome's College in 1939;
4) programs for the Centennial Banquet and 2 guest registration books for the Centennial celebrations at the College held in May, 1965;
5) records for the 125th Anniversary celebrations held in 1990: correspondence, agendas, minutes of meetings, budgets, receipts, invoices, and other organizational material used by the 125th Anniversary Committee; invitations, programs, correspondence, press release, newspaper clippings and copies of speeches given at the Historical Dinner held March 2, 1990; an invitation, program and correspondence for the unveiling of an Ontario Heritage Foundation Historical Plaque held May 2, 1990; research material, photographs, typescripts, etc. for the book,"Enthusiasm for the Truth", published to commemorate the 125th anniversary of St. Jerome's University; and a program, schedule, correspondence, budget information, invoices, registration forms, press release, curriculum vitae of conference speakers, and a soft cover book which published the papers presented at the conference Educating For the Kingdom? Church-Related Colleges in English-Speaking Canada which was held May 1-2, 1990 to commemorate jointly the 125th Anniversary of St. Jerome's College and the 25th Anniversary of Conrad Grebel College; as well there are 2 plaques:
1 brown wooden plaque: 17.5 cm. x 23 cm.
A congratulatory plaque presented by the City of
Waterloo on the occasion of the 125th anniversary
of the University of St. Jerome's College, May 2, 1990.
The plaque has a gold City of Waterloo Crest and a
gold an onyx name plate;
1 framed plaque: 22.5 cm. x 36 cm.
A framed certificate presented on behalf of the
people and Government of Ontario on the occasion
of the 125th anniversary of the University of St.
Jerome's College, May 2, 1990. Signed by Ontario
Premier, David Peterson and presented by MPP Herbert
6) records for the 150th Anniversary including correspondence, minutes of meetings, the new Coat of Arms, programs and promotional material for the Liturgy and Feast celebrating 150 years of Catholic Education and partnerships, donor recognitions, and a copy of Fall, 2015 issue of "Update" magazine.
The records are arranged by anniversary.
- See also President's Office Records for Douglas Letson (125th Anniversary Committee)
Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 42 cm. of textual records;
1 VHS video cassette;
3 floppy discs; 24 computer diskettes;
3 compact discs;
2 audio cassettes;
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A11; 2-1-2-A43; 2-1-3-B11; 2-1-3-B34, B35; B48; 2-2-4-C46; Shelves; 2-2-2 Oversize
- Some records may be restricted.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.