Early Fundraising programs, 1907-1953
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Forms (Documents)
- Ledger Book
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries is comprised of material relating to fundraising programs before 1960 at which time St. Jerome's College became federated with the University of Waterloo. The records include: 1) an Alumni Association cash book for donations to the Building Fund (1907); 2) returned subscription forms and circular letters for the Alumni Villa Fund (1915) as well as a cash book for donations. The Fund sought to raise $20,000 to purchase land for future College athletic grounds and a building site for more extensive quarters; 3) promissory notes for donations to the Alumni Association Scholarship Fund (1925) as well as part of a ledger for donations; 4) copies of the proposal for the creation of a College Trust Fund of $300,000 dated March 26, 1930 and a list of units sold as of December 31, 1931; 5) a cheque book, advertising flyers, circular letters, statements of donations, subscription forms and correspondence for the Diamond Jubilee Campaign (1939). Funds raised were to finance necessary improvements to College buildings and equipment; 6) Alumni news bulletins, correspondence, donation reports, receipts, and the canvasser's manual for the Expansion Fund Campaign of 1943/1944. This campaign was to raise $300,000 to expand the cramped facilities at the College and to re-establish the College course program which had been discontinued in 1938 due to the war; 7) diocesan circular letters, correspondence, diocesan bulletins, a booklet outlining the plan of the fundraising campaign and its organization, the Parish Chairman's Campaign Handbook, and a donation list for the Diocesan Fund Campaign (1945) for which the Bishop sought funds to strengthen and rehabilitate all levels of education in the Diocese of Hamilton; 8) donation lists, correspondence and a publicity brochure for the building fund campaign of 1951/1952 for the construction of the new Kingsdale campus in the east end of Kitchener which was completed in 1953.
The records are arranged by campaign.
- Older records are in fragile condition.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 10 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Director of the Advancement Office.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.