Board of Governors (Committee of the Whole) meetings, 1897-2007; 2011-2018
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
The Board of Governors is the governing body of St. Jerome's University. This series includes notices, agendas and minutes of the Board's (Committee of the Whole) meetings together with correspondence, reports and other supporting documents. There are also 2 volumes of minutes from the St. Jerome's College House (1931-1951 and 1954-1979), and a House Chronicle (1962-1989), the House being a residence for members of the Congregation of the Resurrection. Most of the senior administrators of the College at that time were Resurrectionists and lived in the House. The House minutes contain items of business concerning the College which were ratified at subsequent meetings of the Board.
The records are arranged in chronological order.
- The minutes for 1897 to 1979 are handwritten in 4 bound volumes which are fragile and have torn bindings and loose pages.
There are photocopies available for the bound volume covering the years 1948 to 1980.
The bound volumes are also known as the Minute Books of the Board.
Further accruals are expected.
Records are missing for Fall, 2005 to Spring, 2006; 2008 to 2010.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 96 c.m. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission of the Office of the President.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.