Board of Governors Executive Committee, 1968-2007
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
The Executive Committee is a standing subcommittee of the Board of Governors of St. Jerome's University. Its mandate is to act on behalf of the Board in such matters as the Board delegates to it; to serve as a nominating committee for additions to the Board's membership; to report to the Board on all matters on which it acted on behalf of the Board; and to approve the agenda for regular Board meetings. Current membership is comprised of the Chairs of the Board's Finance, Human Relations, and Mission Committees, or their delegates; the Vice-Chair of the Board, who is the Chair of the Executive Committee; the Chair of the Board; the Past Chair of the Board; the President of the University; and the Academic Dean.
The Executive Committee is required to meet at least once in each of the Fall and Winter terms and to report to the Board at least once a year.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries includes agendas, minutes, and supporting documents for meetings of the Executive Committee of the Board.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
Records for 1981 to 1984 are sparse.
The dates for these records are not inclusive. They cover the years 1968-1970; 1981-1984; and 1987-2007.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 37 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- These records are confidential. Access only by permission of the Office of the President or the Chairperson of the Board of Governors.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.