Structures and Functions Committee, 1980-1987
- Media Type
- Item Types
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
The Structures and Functions Comittee was established by the Board of Governors at its meeting of January 8, 1980 as a standing subcommittee of the Board. Its mandate was to advise the Board on its structures and functions. Specifically at that time the committee was to advise on a procedure whereby an officer of the College would automatically assume the responsibilities of the President in his absence; to consider the desirability and advisability of Board membership for a person from the University of Waterloo; and to consider minor alterations to the Act of Incorporation constituting the University of St. Jerome's College. Membership on the committee consisted of four appointed members of the Board including the Chairman of the Board, the President, and two others. Members were appointed or re-appointed on an annual basis. The work of this committee led to re-drafting of the Act of Incorporation and a new Act was given Royal Assent on November 4, 1986. Under the new Act the Structures and Functions Committee became an ad hoc committee; once an ad hoc committee on Structures and Functions completed the task for which it was struck membership to a reconstituted committee will be appointed at the will of the Board.
The records are in chronological order.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries includes notices, agendas, and minutes of the meetings of the Structures and Functions Committee of the Board together with correspondence, reports and other supporting documents.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 6 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Office of the President.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.