Development Committee, 1987-1991
- Media Type
- Item Type
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
:The Development Committee was an ad hoc subcommittee of the Board of Governors. Formed in late 1987 its mandate was to assist in the mapping out of a development strategy for St. Jerome's by providing advice and ideas; to assist in identifying the names of potential donors and to participate in the canvassing of donors; and to participate in special cultivation and recognition events. Membership on the committee was comprised of the Director of Development, who was also the Chair of the committee; volunteer Board members; members of the Kitchener-Waterloo community; members of the Hamilton area community; the President of St. Jerome's (ex-officio); and the Chair of the Board of Governors (ex-officio).
In response to the launch of a fundraising campaign a new Development Committee was struck in December, 1990. Its mandate was to determine the need for the use of fundraising counsel; to refine and approve the proposed campaign structure; to recommend and recruit campaign leadership; to approve job descriptions for campaign leadership; to co-ordinate a feasibility study if necessary; to approve staffing and budget for the campaign; to determine the financial goal and timetable for the campaign and to approve constituencies to be consulted; to assist in the identification of new donors and prospects; to establish policies for memorial gifts and naming opportunities; and to determine guidelines for gift acknowledgement and donor recognition. Membership consisted of representatives appointed by the Board of Governors including the Director of Development; the Chair of the Board; and the President.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries includes agendas, minutes, and supporting documents for the meetings of the Development Committee of the Board.
The records are in chronological order.
- The dates for these records are not inclusive. There are some records for 1987-1988 and for 1990-1991.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jeromes' University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 4 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Office of the President.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.