Canada Council Readings, 1984-2020
- Media Type
- Item Types
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
Public Readings by Canadian Writers in Canada is a program initiated and sponsored by the Canada Council. Its objectives are to increase the public's knowledge and appreciation of Canadian writing and to provide opportunities for writers to reach a large audience.
The program allows art galleries, community centres, libraries, and post-secondary institutions in Canada to apply for assistance in inviting Canadian authors to read from their works and to discuss them with the public. Normally all readings are open to the public free of charge.
St. Jerome's participation in the reading series began in 1984 and continues to the present.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series of Canada Council Readings (The Reading Series) is comprised of correspondence (including correspondence with some well-known Canadian writers), promotional materials (media releases, flyers, notices), applications for grant money from the Canada Council, newspaper/magazine articles on the readings and featured writers and photographs.
- Accruals are expected.
The dates are not inclusive. There is a gap between 2005 and 2009 and 2011.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 20 cm. of textual records; 86 photographs
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
CD #5-2006;CDs #7a, 7b, 7c-2007;
CD #8-2008; CD #9-2009;
File cabinet: 2004-1; 2004-6; 2005-1; 2005-4
- By permission of the Department Chair.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.