Institute for Studies in Theological Renewal, 1980-1993
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
The Institute for Studies in Theological Renewal was developed by Professor Doug Letson while he was still Dean of St. Jerome's, and he was appointed the Institute's first Director. The Institute was created primarily in response to requests from the Roman Catholic teaching community for a program of professional development in theology, but it also served educated individuals interested in the concept of religious renewal current within the Roman Catholic community.
The Institute offered a series of three week summer courses beginning in July, 1982. These provided an opportunity for multidisciplinary studies of current issues of religious concern. The courses contained much Roman Catholic content but the vision for them was ecumenical in scope; they were intended to evaluate varying points of view of interest to socially conscious Christians.
Each course was worth one full university credit. The last Institute was held in July, 2001.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series for the Institute for Studies in Theological Renewal is comprised of required course readings, course outlines, course requirements, faculty biographies, synopses of presentations, timetables, and bibliographies for the Institutes held in the summers of 1982, 1983, 1985-1988, 1990, 1992, 1993. There is also a file with planning and development records.
- Accruals: No further accruals.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 12 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A24; 2-1-2-A25
- By permission of the Librarian or Vice-President Academic.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.