Italian Department records, 1969-2019
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
As part of the French and Italian Studies department at St. Jerome's University, the Italian section is responsible for teaching Italian language, literature, and culture courses. The Italian program is exclusively taught and administered at St. Jerome's. It merged with the French department in 2002 to create one department, French and Italian Studies.
The records for the Italian section include administrative correspondence; departmental planning; course outlines, descriptions, and changes; some financial information; and records concerning the Italian Exchange program with Bologna, Italy.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series has been arranged in 6 sub-series:
1. Administrative correspondence;
2. Departmental planning;
3. Financial records;
4. Course outlines;
5. Italian Exchange program (Bologna);
6. Special Events.
Subseries descriptions are available.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
The dates of these records are not inclusive. There are records for 1969 to 2007 and then for 2013-2017.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 14 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A27; 2-2-2-A60
- By permission of the Department Chair.
Some records are restricted.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.