Committee on Governance, 1994-1997
- Media Type
- Item Type
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
Established by the Board of Governors of St. Jerome's University at the Board meeting of February 8, 1996, the Committee on Governance was an ad hoc committee mandated to review sections of the Board's by-laws which referred to the composition of the Board of Governors, to review the draft provincial guidelines on the appointment of governing bodies, to review the composition of the boards of other church-related colleges and universities, to review and make recommendations on the board recruitment-selection processes, for an orientation process for new board members, and the creation of a manual for all board members. Rev. Charles Fedy, C.R., Gary Draper, Frank Clifford, and Deborah Pecoskie were appointed as the members of this committee. Their final report was presented to the Board of Governors on February 6, 1997.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries is comprised of the Study on Governance commissioned by the Board of Governors and completed in October, 1994 and the Report of the Ad Hoc Committee on Governance presented to the Board on February 6, 1997.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
The dates of these records are 1994 and 1997.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 1 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Office of the President.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.