Legal Studies program, 1971-2018
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
Legal Studies began in 1981 as an inter-disciplinary option in the Faculty of Arts for those interested in the study of law and legal systems from a liberal arts perspective. The program had a multi-disciplinary format which included courses in Accounting, Actuarial Sciences, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Economics, and Environmental Studies. The Legal Studies option was not intended as a pre-law program. It was administered by the members of the Legal Studies Committee.
In 2004 the program became Legal Studies and Criminology. It offers both (a) an option in Legal Studies and Criminology open to students in non-major, major, General and Honours plans, and (b) a degree in Legal Studies which is offered as an Honours, four-year general, and joint honours program. The Legal Studies degree program took effect September 1, 2005.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This subgroup is comprised of records which include correspondence, notices, agendas, and minutes of meetings, reports, program planning and evaluation, and course outlines. The records are arranged in 3 series:
1) The Ad-Hoc Committee on Legal Studies;
2) Legal Studies Committee;
3) Course Outlines.
Series descriptions are available.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 30 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A30; 3-1-4-C44
- By permission of the Director.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.