Ad-Hoc Committee on Legal Studies, 1971-1972
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
The Ad-Hoc Committee on Legal Studies was formed by the Dean of Arts in the fall of 1971 in response to questions raised by the Law Society of Upper Canada regarding legal education in Ontario. The Committee members were Prof. R.G. Stevens, Chairman, Prof. J.F.H. New, Prof. J..A. Wahl (St. Jerome's College), and Prof. A.D. Nelson, Secretary. The Committee met several times and issued its final report in January, 1972. After submitting this final report the Committee considered itself to have discharged the obligations of its commission and thus dissolved itself.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series of records for the Ad-Hoc Committee on Legal Studies includes correspondence, notice of a meeting, the preliminary report of the Committee, and the final report of the Committee together with some responses to it.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University ; Law Society of Upper Canada
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- <1 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission of the Director.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.