Psychology Department, 1966-2018
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
An academic department within St. Jerome's University, the Psychology department is responsible for teaching psychology courses. The faculty at St. Jerome's collaborates and co-ordinates the overall psychology program with the faculty of the psychology department at the University of Waterloo.
St. Jerome's has academic responsibility for all psychology students enrolled through St. Jerome's University, the department receives its budget from St. Jerome's, and hires its faculty independently of the University of Waterloo. The chairperson of the department is chosen by the faculty of the psychology department at St. Jerome's.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for the Psychology department include correspondence concerning administrative matters, financial records relating to the department's budget for 1973, course offerings, department planning reports, and correspondence regarding the Committee on Undergraduate Affairs in Psychology.
This subgroup has been arranged in 6 series:
1) Administrative correspondence;
2) Financial records;
3) Course offerings;
4( Course Outlines;
5) Departmental Planning;
6) Relations with the University of Waterloo.
Series descriptions are available.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
The dates are not inclusive.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 26 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A31; 2-2-2-A58
- By permission of the Chair of the Department.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.