President's Search Committee, 1979-1994
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY:
Under the University of St. Jerome's current by-laws the President's Search Committee is to be an ad hoc committee of eight. Membership consists of the Chancellor of the University who will chair the Committee; the Vice-President (Dean); one external member of the Board of Governors, nominated by the Executive Committee of the Board and elected in a manner consistent with elections conducted by the Board; one member of the faculty holding professorial rank and one member of the regular full-time and regular part-time staff elected in a manner consistent with elections conducted by the Steering Committee of College Council; one student selected by the Students'Union; one member of the Graduates'Association selected by the Graduates'Association; and one member of the University Catholic Community selected by the University Catholic Community Council.
The establishment of the President's Search Committee is to be initiated by the Chancellor of the University.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS:
This subseries of records for the President's Search Committee includes correspondence and memoranda, agendas and minutes of meetings, draft and final advertisements, press releases, and one newspaper article for the President's Search Committees of 1979, 1984, 1988, and 1994.
The records are arranged in chronological order.
- Accruals: Accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 6 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission only of the Chairperson of the Board of Governors.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.