St. Jerome's Centre for Responsible Citizenship. 2007-2018
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
The Centre for Responsible Citizenship (CRC) was launched in September, 2008. It is a service and community-based learning and research centre at St. Jerome's University. The CRC has five areas of activity:
1. Beyond Borders program (international service learning);
2. Beyond"U"Community Service program (local volunteer initiative);
3. Community-Based Learning support (curriculum development and support);
4. SJU Lectures in Catholic Experience (public lecture series);
5. CRC Research in Community Development (faculty and student research).
The primary purpose of the Centre is to provide educational experiences to St. Jerome's University and University of Waterloo students who want to put their knowledge, skills, and gifts to use in the pursuit of a more just and peaceable world. In collaboration with St. Jerome's academic faculty and staff, the Centre provides direction, support, and recognition of our students'service and community-based work, both locally and globally.
While the Centre does maintain a student focus, it is also committed to providing the greater Waterloo Region with learning and service opportunities through our SJU Lectures in Catholic Experience.
SCOPE AND CONTENT
This subgroup includes the records for all the areas of activity organized and administered by the Centre for Responsible Citizenship including publicity material, correspondence, newsletters, and master audio cassettes for the SJU Lectures in Catholic Experience.
The records are arranged in 5 series:
1) Beyond Borders program;
2) Beyond"U"Community Service program;
3) Community-based Learning;
4) SJU Lectures in Catholic Experience;
5) CRC Research in Community Development.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
Descriptions available for the Beyond Borders program and the St. Jerome's University Lectures in Catholic Experience only at present.
SJU Lectures in Catholic Experience replaces the lectures and events sponsored by the now defunct St. Jerome's Centre for Catholic Experience. Please refer to the Centre for Catholic Experience records for events and lectures prior to September, 2008.
- Date of Publication:
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 3 cm. of textual records
22 audio cassettes
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- 2-1-2-A42; Audio-Visual Shelves
- By permission of the Director of the St. Jerome's Centre for Responsible Government
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.