Miscellaneous Publications and Other Media, 1981; 1999-2019
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Compact Discs
- SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series is comprised of miscellaneous publications and other media by Michael W. Higgins including:
- a transcript of Remarks on the Occassion Dean
Brian Hendley's Reception and Dinner (1999);
- a transcript of remarks given at Douglas Letson's
Farewell Dinner (1999);
- poster and news articles for the Faculty of Arts
Lecture Professor Higgins gave in 2000;
- transcript of the address: Noel Coward Table Talk
at Stratford (2001);
- the records for "Values of the Catholic Faith
Series", which were six narratives prepared for
the Communications Office of the Archdiocese of
Toronto by Michael W. Higgins in 1981. These
records include correspondence, the contract for
the scripts, minutes of a meeting, working papers,
and drafts. Also included: a set of 4 DVD's and
a set of 5 CD's comprising 12 lectures each on
"Great Spiritual Autobiographies: From Augustine
to Chesterton and Beyond" given by Michael W.
- International Thomas Merton Society Presidential Address
in Olean, N.Y., 2017;
- recently added are blogs by Michael Higgins which
are connected to Sacred Heart University
(Fairfield, Connecticut) entitled, "Pontifex
Minimus", all dated 2017;
- This blog has been discontinued and has been
replaced by "Go Rebuild My House", a new online
forum established in November, 2018 by Sacred
Heart University to which Dr. Higgins contributes;
- added in 2019 are the hard copies for a series of
film reviews Michael Higgins aired on National
Public Radio (WSHU Connecticut);
- one copy of the journal "Offerings" (A Journal of
Christian Spirituality and Practical Theology),
Vol. 11, 2019, in which Michael W. Higgins has
contributed a book review on two books about
Henry Nouwen, pp.98-101.
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Higgins, Michael W.
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University ; Archdiocese of Toronto
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 10 cm. of textual records; 5 compact discs; 4 DVD's
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission of the Librarian.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.