CBC Ideas: "On Fossils, Apes and Angels", 1987-1988
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
"On Fossils, Apes and Angels" was a one hour documentary which aired on CBC Ideas on March 4, 1988. Researched and scripted by Michael W. Higgins, the program was a dramatization of the celebrated historical debate between the eloquent Bishop of Oxford, Samuel Wilberforce, and a young scientist named Thomas Huxley, on the subject of Darwin's theory of evolution.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This sub-series includes correspondence, contract, working papers, drafts, research material and publicity items, and photographs.
The records are arranged by subject.
- Accruals: No further accruals.
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Higgins, Michael W. ; Wilberforce, Samuel ; Huxley, Thomas
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University ; Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 1 cm. of textual records; 17 photographs
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission of the Librarian.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.