International Thomas Merton Society, 6th General Meeting, 1997-1999
- Media Type
- Item Types
- Floppy disks
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
The International Thomas Merton Society was formed in 1987 to sustain interest in the life and work of Thomas Merton and his social and spiritual concerns. The Society sponsors retreats and biannual "General Meetings". The International Thomas Merton Society also publishes a newsletter,"The Merton Seasonal". The Society is governed by a Board of Directors.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The Sixth General Meeting of the International Thomas Merton Society was held for the first time outside the borders of the United States on the campus of St. Jerome's University, June 10th to 13th, 1999. Michael W. Higgins was a member of the Program Committee as site coordinator for the event.
The records for the Sixth General Meeting include the conference program and schedule of sessions, session descriptions, correspondence, program proposals, financial records, administrative records, publicity material, newspaper articles, conference inquiries, evaluation of the conference, the full musical score for the conference concert, a typescript for the mini-drama together with a computer disk, and audio cassettes of the meetings and sessions, and photographs.
The records are arranged by subject.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Higgins, Michael W.
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University ; International Thomas Merton Society
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 8 cm. of textual records; 1 computer disk; 20 audio cassettes; 119 photographs.
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the Librarian.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.