Mobius Chair in Cryptography, 1994-1997
- Media Type
- Item Types
- ADMINISTRATIVE HISTORY
Professor Scott Vanstone of the University of St. Jerome's College was appointed the first Chair of the newly created Mobius Chair in Cryptography in 1995. The money provided by Mobius Encryption Technologies (in 1996 the name of the company was changed to Certicom) was used to finance further research in the area known as public key cryptography (securing private information, bank, credit, and phone cards). The Chair was established for an initial three-year duration.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
This series of records includes correspondence, a magazine article, cheque stubs, and receipts for monies supporting the Chair.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St.Jerome’s College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4694629930038 Longitude: -80.5461678844833
- Physical Description
- 1 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- By permission of the President.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.