Publications and Other Media: Thomas Merton, 2011-2015
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
- Compact Discs
- This series is comprised of publications and other media contributed to by Dr. Michael W. Higgins concerning his scholarship on Thomas Merton. Included are: A published booklet of a lecture/address for the Thomas Merton Society of Canada on Thomas Merton and Henri Nouwen (2011); a copy of the book, "Thomas Merton: Monk on Edge" in which Michael Higgins wrote Chapter One (2012); a copy of the book, "We Are Already One: Thomas Merton's Message of Hope - reflections to honor Merton's centenary (1915-2015) in which Michael Higgins has contributed a chapter (2015); four sets of compact disks (totaling 23 disks) of lectures on Thomas Merton for the Gethsemani Classroom series for which Michael Higgins wrote the introductions; one set of compact disks (5 disks) together with a set of DVD's (4) entitled, "Thomas Merton, The Seven Storey Mountain, and the Rest of the Story" all featuring lectures by Michael Higgins (2014); a 5 CD set entitled "Thomas Merton: The re-making of a monk", a series of public lectures delivered at All Hallows College, Dublin, Ireland, on January 17, 2015 by Prof. Michael Higgins, Mary T. Malone, and Abbot Richard Purcell; and a booklet published by New Seeds: The Thomas Merton Centre titled: "Spiritual Voices. A Canadian Mosaic. Prophecy and Contemplation - Thomas Merton as Spiritual Icon. A conversation with Dr. Michael W. Higgins" (2015).
- Accruals: Further accruals are expected.
There is both an English and French copy of the booklet "Prophecy and Contemplaction - Thomas Merton as Spiritual Icon".
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Higgins, Michael W. ; Merton, Thomas
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Jerome's College records
- Language of Item:
- English; French
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 5 cm. of textual records; 33 compact disks; 4 DVD's
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission of the Librarian.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.