Floyd F. Centore papers, 1969-2002
- Media Type
- Item Type
Floyd F. Centore was a faculty member in the Department of Philosophy at St. Jerome's University from 1969 to 2002. He received a B.S. in Sociology from Canisius College in Buffalo (1959), an M.A. in Philosophy from the University of Maryland (1961) and a Ph.D. from St. John's University, New York (1968). Professor Centore served on St. Jerome's Board of Governors from 1972 to 1981 and was Chair of the Department twice (1969-1976 and 1981-1985). He also sat on various committees at St. Jerome's and on the University of Waterloo Senate Committee.
For many years he was a member of the Board of Directors for the Catholic Family Counselling Centre. Professional memberships included the Canadian Philosophical Association, the American Philosophical Association, and the American Catholic Philosophical Association.
Prof. Centore published seven books and numerous journal and newspaper articles and book reviews.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for Professor Floyd F. Centore include a Curriculum Vitae, a list of his publications, copies of some of his newspaper and journal articles, together with 17 bound copies of other journal articles.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication
- Personal Name(s)
- Centore, Floyd F.
- Corporate Name(s)
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Jerome's College records
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4696031472804 Longitude: -80.5455938917542
- Physical Description
- 7 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original
- With permission of the Librarian.
- St. Jerome's University LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.