Stanley Fogel papers, 1974-2002
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
Stan Fogel was a professor in the English Department at St. Jerome's for 36 years, from 1975 to 2011. He taught Contemporary Literature and Culture, Critical Theory, and a course in travel writing.
He earned a B.A. from Carleton University (Ottawa, Ontario) in 1968, an M.A. from the University of British Columbia in 1970, and a Ph.D. from Purdue University (Indiana) in 1973. He was given an Honorary Degree, "Professor Invitado", from the Instituto Superior de Arte, Havana, Cuba, in December, 1999.
While at St. Jerome's Professor Fogel served as Chair of the English Department, as President of the St. Jerome's University Faculty Association, and was a member of the University of Waterloo Senate. He was a Visiting Professor for several years at the Instituto Superior de Arte in Havana, Cuba and launched the English language newsletter, "Havana Day and Night". He also served on the Editorial Collective and Board of Directors for the journal "Border/Lines".
Professor Fogel is the author of several books and numerous journal articles, reviews, and conference papers.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for Professor Stanley Fogel include a Curriculum Vitae, a list of his published books, journal articles and papers (to 1995), and copies of 17 of his published journal articles. There are also 2 newspaper articles on his work.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Stanley Fogel
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Jerome's College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 2 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- With permission of the Librarian
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.