Vera F. Golini papers, 1975-2008
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
Professor Vera Golini began teaching Italian Studies at St. Jerome's in 1975 and retired in 2008. She was the first Director of Women's Studies (1997) and served in that capacity for several years while also teaching courses in Women's Studies. She received an Honours B.A. in English and French from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario (1968), an M.A. in Italian from the University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado (1969), and a Ph.D. in Italian and French from the University of California, Berkeley (1977).
While at St. Jerome's Professor Golini chaired the Hagey Lecture Committee, served on the University of Waterloo Board of Governors and Senate, served as Associate Dean at St. Jerome's (2004-2005), coordinated a summer exchange program with the University of Bologna, Italy, and won the Distinguished Teacher Award in 2003.
Off-campus activities included acting as the Secretary/Treasurer of the Canadian Society for Italian Studies and chaired the committee to revise its constitution, served as the Vice-President and cultural director for the Kitchener-Waterloo Italian Cortina Club and published its newsletters, and she was also the Coordinator for the Heritage Language Program for Kitchener-Waterloo and Cambridge.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for Professor Vera Golini consists of a Curriculum Vitae, copies of several of her journal articles, newspaper articles, and some correspondence.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Golini, Vera F.
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Jerome's College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 2 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Location of Original:
- By permission of the Librarian.
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.