Myroslaw Tataryn papers, 2005-2011
- Media Type:
- Item Types:
Professor Myroslaw Tataryn arrived at St. Jerome's in 2005 as the University's Vice-President and Academic Dean. He served as Dean until 2011. While at St. Jerome's Professor Tataryn also taught in and Chaired the department of Religious Studies, served as Interim President from 2006 to 2007, was the Director of the Centre for Responsible Citizenship, and had a cross-appointment to the Department of History. He earned his B.A. at the University of Toronto, his M.Div. at the University of St. Michael's College, and his Th.D., also from St. Michael's. His research interests centered around Eastern Christian Theology, Trinitarian Theology and disability, and Kenosis and a re-visioning of ecclesiology.
He has written a book, several book chapters, journal articles, and review articles. He has also given numerous conference presentations, public lectures, and seminars.
Some of his professional and community services include:
Member, Canadian Association for Community Living, Task Force on Values and Ethics;
Canadian Theological Society representative to the Centre for Social Science Research;
Associate editor and Board member, Theology and Religious Studies
Co-founder and Associate, Prairie Centre for the Study of Ukrainian Heritage;
Fellow, Ukrainian Church Studies Programme (University of Alberta);
Book review editor and editorial board member of Logos;
The Catholic Theological Society of America;
The Canadian Association for Disability Studies.
Paul Bator Award, Canadian Catholic Historical Association (2007);
Margaret Dutli, Professional and Community Service Award, St. Thomas More College (2002);
Gold Medal of the Governor General of Canada (1995).
Professor Tataryn is now a St. Jerome's Professor Emeritus.
SCOPE AND CONTENTS
The records for Professor Myroslaw Tataryn include a curriculum vita, copies of a few journal articles (one is in Ukrainian), and some newspaper clippings.
- Accruals: No further accruals are expected.
- Date of Publication:
- Personal Name(s):
- Tataryn, Myroslaw
- Corporate Name(s):
- St. Jerome's University
- St. Jerome's College records
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Physical Description:
- 1 cm. of textual records
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- SJU Archives
- Permission of the Librarian
St. Jerome's University Library
Agency street/mail address
290 Westmount Rd. N.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G3
St. Jerome's University is located in Waterloo, Ontario, and is situated in the University of Waterloo. It was founded as St. Jerome's College in 1865 by the Congregation of the Resurrection. In 1959, it was granted university status and changed its name to the University of St. Jerome's College. It has been federated with the University of Waterloo since 1960. In 1998, the name was officially changed to St. Jerome's University.